• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Showcase 22 club on the second page?

Wow,shocked.

I haven't been too active on the boards last few months,but did i miss something with Sc22 still being hot,or not?

Quite a bit of volume lately in the 2.0-3.0 ish area. On another note, a SC23 7.0 crm/ow sold for over $900 today. :hi:

I was following that book and I didn't like that thick spine roll. Actually, I predicted the book to end at $900 :cool:

Wow,shocked.

I haven't been too active on the boards last few months,but did i miss something with Sc22 still being hot,or not?

Quite a bit of volume lately in the 2.0-3.0 ish area. On another note, a SC23 7.0 crm/ow sold for over $900 today. :hi:

I was following that book and I didn't like that thick spine roll. Actually, I predicted the book to end at $900 :cool:

Way lower than the $1800 i sold mine for last year,which i think resold on CLINK for $1000 recently?

EDIT: I see it's still on Clink with BIDS at $1000...it was bougth for $1800,glad i got rid of it when i did.

Edited by kryptospidey

Wow,shocked.

Not a bad price...the last 7.0 Savannah white pager which presents much better sold for over $1400.

Wow,shocked.

Way lower than the $1800 i sold mine for last year,which i think resold on CLINK for $1000 recently?

EDIT: I see it's still on Clink with BIDS at $1000...it was bougth for $1800,glad i got rid of it when i did.

You did very well on that 7.0. Since that was the only high grade copy available publicly in a while, the buyer didn't mind paying a premium. I lucked out on my 7.5 ow not too long after that copy for less.

We are seeing similar action with SC #22 as well, now, with prices pulling back a bit in most grades from last year/earlier this year. There is a bit of a seasonal impact, but a lot of that rise was also driven by speculators taking positions for the movie. It will be interesting to see what happens if the movie is a hit (if it flops, look out below). My guess is a small pull back after the fact once the hype dies down, but if there are a flood of speculative copies on the market then prices may pull back more significantly.

The problem books like SC #23 and #24 face are that they are not true keys and therefore only completists chase them. I can see them being hit harder than SC #22 if more supply pops up.

I see the speculative copies have already materialized, so one should use this pull back to add a position. There has been a lot of volume lately, and prices been holding up quite well. SC22 is a great long term potential book. Prices for SC23 and SC24 in 7.5+ has been trading up due to the scarcity factor, so if a nice eye appeal is available, I will add more. 2c

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Looks like the $4500 sale on Clink is influencing the offers on the other two? FWIW, the comicconnect copy looks to be the nicer of the two so it will probably sell first.

Looks like the $4500 sale on Clink is influencing the offers on the other two? FWIW, the comicconnect copy looks to be the nicer of the two so it will probably sell first.

Well, the Comiclink 6.0 was priced to move and also has off-white pages as Bob-a-loo mention. Being the first well priced 6.0 and off-white PQ may have been the contributed to the 6.0 ow instant sale. A decent price for a nice eye appeal and PQ 6.0 is $4K. At $4K, there is not too much downside.

Do you guys think Green Lantern #1 is going to bump up from the movie hype as well? SC22 was a little out of my price range but I was able to get a fair copy of GL 1 off of eBay last month for $300. It's my first Silver Age key, so I'm pretty thrilled with it.

Do you guys think Green Lantern #1 is going to bump up from the movie hype as well? SC22 was a little out of my price range but I was able to get a fair copy of GL 1 off of eBay last month for $300. It's my first Silver Age key, so I'm pretty thrilled with it.

Welcome to the boards. Green Lantern 1 has been rising along with SC22. SC22 is a bit more scarce than GL1. First appearance always command much more. A fair 1.0 GL1 is priced around $200-300, so that price is in line. Hold it for the long term for a potential gradual increase. As long as your happy with it...you win. (thumbs u

Thanks for the welcome. I looked around for the best comic forums and these seem to be it, so I'm here to stay.

Getting back to Green Lantern, he was always my favorite DC character from when I originally collected comics in the late 80's-early 90's, so now that I'm back in the comic world and I have a little more disposable income, I knew I wanted a key early issue featuring him. Plus, like I stated before, I'm just happy just to own such an iconic comic.

My copy does have some tape down the spine, and from reading stuff here and there, it seems like this could possibly be removed by some professional restoration. I'm not sure if the cost involved would be worth it on my fair grade copy, any advice? From the looks of your signature pics, you seem to be the "Green Lantern" master!

Thanks for the welcome. I looked around for the best comic forums and these seem to be it, so I'm here to stay.

Getting back to Green Lantern, he was always my favorite DC character from when I originally collected comics in the late 80's-early 90's, so now that I'm back in the comic world and I have a little more disposable income, I knew I wanted a key early issue featuring him. Plus, like I stated before, I'm just happy just to own such an iconic comic.

My copy does have some tape down the spine, and from reading stuff here and there, it seems like this could possibly be removed by some professional restoration. I'm not sure if the cost involved would be worth it on my fair grade copy, any advice? From the looks of your signature pics, you seem to be the "Green Lantern" master!

Welcome! The resident restoration experts may chime in, but from personal experience having had tape professionally removed from a vintage comic, tape is one of the toughest things to deal with and it can get costly to have it removed. It all depends on how baked-into the paper the tape has become. I'd enjoy the copy you have and save my money for when the opportunity to upgrade comes about, you'll be ready.

GL #1 has definitely benefited from the movie hype.

I was going to point out that there are no less than 2 in the Collector Society marketplace but I see you posted on one of the threads already. They are indeed scarce, but there's more shaking out of the trees now that the movie release is imminent.

BTW, WTTB :headbang:

I was going to point out that there are no less than 2 in the Collector Society marketplace but I see you posted on one of the threads already. They are indeed scarce, but there's more shaking out of the trees now that the movie release is imminent.

BTW, WTTB :headbang:

Yeah, i saw 2 of them, one at a 6.0 and the other at a 6.5.

Are these the two you are talking about?