• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I am doing the Happy Dance :whee:

I can't wait for SDCC

Congrats! Nice and awesome PQ (less than ten CGC graded copies with ow/w pages). :applause:

Green Lanterns says "Welcome to the the club."

showcasecovblack-1.jpg

:cloud9:

I can't wait for SDCC Show2245.jpg:whee:

Congrats! Nice and awesome PQ (less than ten CGC graded copies with ow/w pages). :applause:

showcasecovblack-1.jpg

Why is everyone so high on PQ ? (shrug)

Nice book !!!

Along with SC4 and 22 and BB28, what all would you guys consider to be the big DC silver age keys?

That pretty much covers it in my book

They are the only 3 mega-keys coming to mind at the moment for DC silver age.

(unless you want to count the first issues of the JLA, GL the Flash(105) as well...)

:screwy:

SC 4

B&B 28

Adventure 247

SC 22

Flash 105

Showcase 17

B&B 34

Showcase 34

Showcase 9

Showcase 30

JLA 1

GL 1

OAW 81, 83

GI Combat 87

I think can also add Action 242 and 252 to the list.

Along with SC4 and 22 and BB28, what all would you guys consider to be the big DC silver age keys?

(unless you want to count the first issues of the JLA, GL the Flash(105) as well...)

SC 4

B&B 28

Adventure 247

SC 22

Flash 105

Showcase 17

B&B 34

Showcase 34

Showcase 9

Showcase 30

JLA 1

GL 1

OAW 81, 83

GI Combat 87

If you are talking big keys, then there are only 3 top tier SA DCs - B&B #28, SC #4 and SC #22.

Otherwise, the list above is probably a good one to chase now before some of the 2nd and 3rd tier keys take off...........

So does anyone anticipate SC#22 ever being worth as much as SC#4 ???

Any thoughts ???

it is already worth more in some circles...

It definitely is in my small circle......... lol

I do think that the SC#22 is a huge DC silver age key, but the SC#4 books seem to be more scarce than the SC#22's.

I don't know if they are more scarce, but the market is not the strongest right now so fewer copies are trading hands. SC #22 was in the same boat just a couple of years ago........

Yeah, I think it was only about 2+ years ago that a SC#22 could be had for around guide (or even less).

I still remember having problems finding a SC22 2 years ago. Once the movie stuff hit the news, it was a lot easier for me to get my SC22.

that's because 3 years ago I started buying up every copy in the market lol

And 4 years ago you could land VG/FN copies for $600 - $700. I can remember passing on numerous 4.0 - 5.0 books since they were always available. Three years ago several people started to clue in and as they say "the rest is history".

FWIW, it looks like B&B #28 is starting to pick up right now like SC #22 did in late 2008/early 2009.................

Edited by kimik

SC 4

B&B 28

Adventure 247

SC 22

Flash 105

Showcase 17

B&B 34

Showcase 34

Showcase 9

Showcase 30

JLA 1

GL 1

OAW 81, 83

GI Combat 87

If you are talking big keys, then there are only 3 top tier SA DCs - B&B #28, SC #4 and SC #22.

Otherwise, the list above is probably a good one to chase now before some of the 2nd and 3rd tier keys take off...........

Just because a book isn`t flavor of the month doesn`t mean it`s not a top tier book.

SC 4

B&B 28

Adventure 247

SC 22

Flash 105

Showcase 17

B&B 34

Showcase 34

Showcase 9

Showcase 30

JLA 1

GL 1

OAW 81, 83

GI Combat 87

Well if you asked that same question 3+ years ago you would have likely only answered 1, Showcase 4. Then Showcase 22 and now BB 28 took off and have become "mega keys" for those who follow the pricing of the books, so no I don't believe that fixable list that's being mentioned as the big 3 is the be all end all like some have made it seem in this thread.

SC 4

B&B 28

Adventure 247

SC 22

Flash 105

Showcase 17

B&B 34

Showcase 34

Showcase 9

Showcase 30

JLA 1

GL 1

OAW 81, 83

GI Combat 87

Well if you asked that same question 3+ years ago you would have likely only answered 1, Showcase 4. Then Showcase 22 and now BB 28 took off and have become "mega keys" for those who follow the pricing of the books, so no I don't believe that fixable list that's being mentioned as the big 3 is the be all end all like some have made it seem in this thread.

In terms of value...then SC4, SC22, and BB28 is the top three SA DC. In comparison to their counterparts...AF15, FF1, Hulk 1.

showcasecovblack-1.jpg

Why is everyone so high on PQ ? (shrug)

Nice book !!!

I know only WP's will impress you more. But you don't see SC22 in ow/w often. ;)

SC 4

B&B 28

Adventure 247

SC 22

Flash 105

Showcase 17

B&B 34

Showcase 34

Showcase 9

Showcase 30

JLA 1

GL 1

OAW 81, 83

GI Combat 87

In terms of value...then SC4, SC22, and BB28 is the top three SA DC. In comparison to their counterparts...AF15, FF1, Hulk 1.

Think SC 22 is probably better compared to AF15 at this point but I get the comparisons.

btw I enjoy looking at your sig line, very nice books and cool to see.

Top 3 is not the same as "only 3". To say there are only 3 mega-key or top tier SA DCs is just ludicrous.

Offwhite-white pages (worship) Where did u pick that up? Congrats!

Gator/Rick has it waiting for me. :cloud9:

Now I understand the reference to the SDCC. Rick is the purveyor of keys :grin: