• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

While it would be nice to see this book fetch a higher price than it was bought for, it is going to be tough with a 3rd 9.0 copy now on the census. The timing was perfect when it sold the first time around. Add in the shift of speculative money from SC #22 to SC #4 and/or B&B #28, and this book will likely be sold at a loss.

Also, since it is a lowly 9.0 the odds of a 9.2 or better copy popping up are high (one of the 9.0s should press out as a 9.2 or a bit better.......).

That being said, it is a great looking copy of one of the SA DC mega keys so a preemptive congrats if any boardie that lands it. (thumbs u

While it would be nice to see this book fetch a higher price than it was bought for, it is going to be tough with a 3rd 9.0 copy now on the census. The timing was perfect when it sold the first time around. Add in the shift of speculative money from SC #22 to SC #4 and/or B&B #28, and this book will likely be sold at a loss.

Also, since it is a lowly 9.0 the odds of a 9.2 or better copy popping up are high (one of the 9.0s should press out as a 9.2 or a bit better.......).

That being said, it is a great looking copy of one of the SA DC mega keys so a preemptive congrats if any boardie that lands it. (thumbs u

All three are great SA DC keys. Now when are you going to add a nice SC22 copy. ;)

All three are great SA DC keys. Now when are you going to add a nice SC22 copy. ;)

Possibly sometime soon if prices drop far enough. :devil: To be honest, my focus now is on building up some $$$ for another big drop in the markets.

so did anyone happen to catch the recent auction at Skinner's, in Mass.? A pretty nice collection, lots of SA keys, It had two lots of SC Green Lanterns

first lot

10026533_1_l.jpg

second lot

showcase_gl.jpg

hammer prices - lot 1- $1,800 , lot 2 $1,500

wondering if anyone in here picked these up?

Possibly sometime soon if prices drop far enough. :devil: To be honest, my focus now is on building up some $$$ for another big drop in the markets.

Long term SC22 and BB28 has been doing quite well. For SC4 in <6.0 in been doing just as well. Time will tell... :wishluck:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I just love the Gary Keller copy, it's got all my preferences in it. I've got a 9.0 about a block away and I see it often and it's by all means nice, but this one is just awesome.

Edited by Hawkman23

Good luck on it, quite possibly the SECOND nicest CGC graded showcase 22

Fixed that for you. There is another 9.0 that is nicer than it. (thumbs u

There are only 3 out there. hm

We discussed it earlier in this thread, but the other 9.0 is likely the best copy based on the old auction scans.

boy seeing all this SHOWCASE 22 enthusiasm is making me wish I went after the 9.2 last year! THIS and the movie hype, that is.

You should've. It went for quite cheap, to a boardie. :applause:

I pulled this form the early days of this thread.

Is there a 9.2 currently out there? (shrug)

boy seeing all this SHOWCASE 22 enthusiasm is making me wish I went after the 9.2 last year! THIS and the movie hype, that is.

You should've. It went for quite cheap, to a boardie. :applause:

I pulled this form the early days of this thread.

Is there a 9.2 currently out there? (shrug)

Zero 9.2s! (thumbs u