• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

All WP books should command at least a small premium or more depending on the availability. For SC22...a bit more. There are now four SC22 WP's: .5, 1.8,6.0,6.0. I would say the bigger premium for WP for SC22 starts at 4.0 and rises...or at least what I would pay for in terms of bigger premium, Seriously, I had my SC22 6.0 raw before graded and I can confirm the freshness and the nice PQ of my copy...it was so well preserved. Now, regarding the SC22 6.0...could just be as nice and very rare opportunity for anyone wanting to add a nice mid-grade and PQ SC22. (thumbs u

Hey, you're pumping up the price on my "6.0 to be" on ebay ? :makepoint:

hm:wishluck:

This is a light slight visible crease on the right bottom corner sides keeping it from being a 7.0. And then...minor non breaking colors on the cover and other characteristics of a 6.0. It does presents like a 6.5-7.0.

Which makes it a more tightly and accurately graded book than the 5.0, err 6.0, Sparkle City copy up on eBay.

That being said, the Sparkle City copy might not have been graded in the past month or so. While I definitely appreciated the gift grades I received during the summer, I have noticed that CGC has tightened up over my last couple of submissions from October. (thumbs u

Based on that, I wonder if the grading fluctuations are more due to the volume of books they see at different times of the year. For example, if the con season results in a spike in submissions they need to push through then 1) there will be more loose grades due to volume and 2) graders may rush more and miss things. It might be interesting to resub books graded during convention off-season during a more busy time to see if that seasonality holds true. hm

Absolutely true regarding the grading fluctuations. Some 9.8's are not true 9.8 and some 9.6 are just as nice. Gift grade are always welcome if it's in your favor. Nonetheless, being tight on your own grading...then less disappointments.

which of the 9.0's is now on clink?

the "3rd" 9.0.

the one that just "sold" ??

No that was the Dahlberg copy, this is the copy that showed up 3rd on the census that sold this past summer when the movie came out.

Pretty sure a boardie owns it.

That was not the Keller copy. ;)

the "3rd" 9.0.

No that was the Dahlberg copy, this is the copy that showed up 3rd on the census that sold this past summer when the movie came out.

That was not the Keller copy. ;)

Whoops "Keller", Dahlberg is the Twin Cities guy.

the "3rd" 9.0.

i found it. thanks. another grail flipped after 6 months hm

This is a light slight visible crease on the right bottom corner sides keeping it from being a 7.0. And then...minor non breaking colors on the cover and other characteristics of a 6.0. It does presents like a 6.5-7.0.

Which makes it a more tightly and accurately graded book than the 5.0, err 6.0, Sparkle City copy up on eBay.

That being said, the Sparkle City copy might not have been graded in the past month or so. While I definitely appreciated the gift grades I received during the summer, I have noticed that CGC has tightened up over my last couple of submissions from October. (thumbs u

Based on that, I wonder if the grading fluctuations are more due to the volume of books they see at different times of the year. For example, if the con season results in a spike in submissions they need to push through then 1) there will be more loose grades due to volume and 2) graders may rush more and miss things. It might be interesting to resub books graded during convention off-season during a more busy time to see if that seasonality holds true. hm

Absolutely true regarding the grading fluctuations. Some 9.8's are not true 9.8 and some 9.6 are just as nice. Gift grade are always welcome if it's in your favor. Nonetheless, being tight on your own grading...then less disappointments.

This is why I dumped my 9.8 GL #87. It was one of my personal favorite Adams' DC books, but it had a spine crease that was so noticeable(broke color!) that I figured it would grade much lower.

Well this scan at least proves that I don't know how to scan (and this was my 3rd attempt).

Guess I should have just made scans before I sent it in, but after seeing SC's ugly 6.0 sell tonight I am encouraged by what my 6.5 Off white-White should bring. :)

showcase-22-1.jpg

Well this scan at least proves that I don't know how to scan (and this was my 3rd attempt).

Guess I should have just made scans before I sent it in, but after seeing SC's ugly 6.0 sell tonight I am encouraged by what my 6.5 Off white-White should bring. :)

showcase-22-1.jpg

Congrats and PQ :applause: the scan does not do SC22 justice.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

This is why I dumped my 9.8 GL #87. It was one of my personal favorite Adams' DC books, but it had a spine crease that was so noticeable(broke color!) that I figured it would grade much lower.

1st John Stewart. :headbang: Weak 9.8 I can understand that. :)

Edited by showcase22gr1959