• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Finally. We started discussing this 10 pages back.

It could be a good candidate for a PQ bump per previous observations about this particular slab's vintage.

What the heck, it probably can't go down in PQ :/

Although grade could be risky on a resub :eek:

wasnt me, but Im sure we'll all look back and say "smart buy". The census wont fill up for 9.0+ Showcase 23s any time soon, so the page quality will only eliminate a % of potential buyers. A really lousy movie release that kills GL as a character might make this a long slog to unload. But long term? IMO a solid book to secure.

Definitely a Showase Green Lantern flip of the month. Yeah, this copy has eliminated me from putting a strong bid and I'm sure others. For me, SA in light tan to off-white pages is not my cup of tea. Also 9.0 to not grow on trees, but I'll be optimistic that another one may be in the horizon. If I haven't went of my 23 8.5, I would have put more thought in securing this copy.

Finally. We started discussing this 10 pages back.

It could be a good candidate for a PQ bump per previous observations about this particular slab's vintage.

What the heck, it probably can't go down in PQ :/

Although grade could be risky on a resub :eek:

Hopefully not slightly brittle by now. :jokealert: Yeah, downgrade would be a disappointment, but there are a little upside of the recent price paid. Risk and reward 80/20. (shrug)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

At least it's a 9.0. If it gets resubbed and drops to a 8.5 with light tan pages then you really have a book you'll never get your money back on!

No way would I resub that book if I had bought it.

I wonder who owns this copy. hm

Good question....

Who bought the clink "Four Color" 24? Did the 22,23,24 all sell to the same person? I don't know much about that Clink sale...

I don't know, but it was mentioned here before that a high grade DC collector. I would love to see a better scan of the SC24 9.0 on CL right now. If the seller can provide another scan which is not the original scan from the Ebay...then maybe we all can determine a bit better. For now, I will presume the book has weak PQ.

There is a Scan on that listing..below the pictures.

I meant besides those scans and the bottom scans is very blurry.

Yea..i agree.Not the best scan.

On a side note,I just bought a 22 on ebay.... :banana:

I've been looking for another affordable copy...

It was just listed....i had to do it..impulse buy.... lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220713399391&si=KnP2IfzNP%252FyZ9n5xYyr9dwGEQPY%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Looks like the seller priced it at guide. Great score! Hey, if you didn't buy it, someone else would have. :applause:

Well i got the 22,it was here waiting for me from the mail yesterday.

Not bad considering the price,

Some moisture staining,worst on the back cover,and a few ripples that i think would actually press out very well....and very nice light page color..Off-White or better...

imgww58035.jpg

imgww58034.jpg

Edited by kryptospidey

If i owned that book, I may submit to only have the page quality checked and not to regrade

CGC will regrade the book during a page quality review if they feel that the book does not represent the assigned grade. I had a Detective Comics #10 CGC 4.0 Cream pages drop down to a CGC 3.0 c/ow pages on a page quality review.

:eek:

If i owned that book, I may submit to only have the page quality checked and not to regrade

CGC will regrade the book during a page quality review if they feel that the book does not represent the assigned grade. I had a Detective Comics #10 CGC 4.0 Cream pages drop down to a CGC 3.0 c/ow pages on a page quality review.

Yikes :eek: Sorry to hear that!!! From what I understand, if there is damage to the CGC holder or if the book was damaged inside the holder, than the book will be regraded. But, if the book still remains the same in its holder and there is no damages to the case, then they will just regrade the PQ by writing it on the submission form.

Yikes :eek: Sorry to hear that!!! From what I understand, if there is damage to the CGC holder or if the book was damaged inside the holder, than the book will be regraded. But, if the book still remains the same in its holder and there is no damages to the case, then they will just regrade the PQ by writing it on the submission form.

There was no damage to the holder at all. As far as I could tell they just felt the grade of the book was closer to the 3.0 than the 4.0.

At least it's a 9.0. If it gets resubbed and drops to a 8.5 with light tan pages then you really have a book you'll never get your money back on!

No way would I resub that book if I had bought it.

It will be interesting to know if this book will get re-holdered or not. hm

I wonder who owns this copy. hm

Good question....

Who bought the clink "Four Color" 24? Did the 22,23,24 all sell to the same person? I don't know much about that Clink sale...

I don't know, but it was mentioned here before that a high grade DC collector. I would love to see a better scan of the SC24 9.0 on CL right now. If the seller can provide another scan which is not the original scan from the Ebay...then maybe we all can determine a bit better. For now, I will presume the book has weak PQ.

There is a Scan on that listing..below the pictures.

I meant besides those scans and the bottom scans is very blurry.

Yea..i agree.Not the best scan.

On a side note,I just bought a 22 on ebay.... :banana:

I've been looking for another affordable copy...

It was just listed....i had to do it..impulse buy.... lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220713399391&si=KnP2IfzNP%252FyZ9n5xYyr9dwGEQPY%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Looks like the seller priced it at guide. Great score! Hey, if you didn't buy it, someone else would have. :applause:

Well i got the 22,it was here waiting for me from the mail yesterday.

Not bad considering the price,

Some moisture staining,worst on the back cover,and a few ripples that i think would actually press out very well....and very nice light page color..Off-White or better...

imgww58035.jpg

imgww58034.jpg

Looks nice and a 2.0-2.5 from the scan. Slight water damage?

That's a nice copy. I was wondering if it would be cost-effective to have a book like this washed to remove the tide lines. Kenny did an amazing job on my GA Wonder Woman's that were water damaged. They look like new. But washing a book is considered restoration, so I guess no gain..

It's remarkable how many SC #22's have 7/28 written or stamped on them.

My copy has it in pencil. Matt Nelson said it could be easily removed,

but I decided to just leave it :/

So, where and when is the next HG Showcase #22 going to materialize hm

Bob

New one, I wonder. hm Anyways, here's the next high grade SC22 for sale. It's in the Heritage February Comic and Art Auction and SC22 is in one of their headliners.

Showcase 22 CGC 8.0 off-white pages "Savannah"

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7030&LotIdNo=47011

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Showcase 22 CGC 8.0 off-white pages "Savannah"

Wow - a recently discovered collection + new pedigree + new movie = price in the stratosphere hm

That copy looks really nice for a 8.0 (thumbs u

:whistle:

I just talked to Clink and hopefully all is ok with my SC22 :wishluck:

They said the other books were shipped out by accident and that as far as they know, the SC22 is hopefully on the way. They did say that they should have had the book by now and that they will call the seller to find out the status and get back to me. I hope it's just slow with the holidays and weather but I guess I'll find out pretty soon what the deal is.