• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

The Light Tan Showcase 24 9.0 is in the Feb Clink Auction. Wonder if there is a profit to be made off of this book. Surprised it didn't get resubbed for a PQ check.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dshowcase%2B%26x%3D9%26y%3D12%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_876703&id=876703

yes, by the boardie who snatched it off ebay

Nice scan now and I wonder if the second buyer had second thoughts.

I am pretty sure, it's gonna go for more than 2500$

For sure...but let's see if it breaks $6K for the seller to break even. hm

I would bet less than 4K

The Light Tan Showcase 24 9.0 is in the Feb Clink Auction. Wonder if there is a profit to be made off of this book. Surprised it didn't get resubbed for a PQ check.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dshowcase%2B%26x%3D9%26y%3D12%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_876703&id=876703

I would bet less than 4K

hm Makes me wonder...people don't keep books to long these days. What is the buyer at $5400 trying to accomplish...9.2.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

zzz Set up your own SC #23 and SC #24 thread if you want to talk about it.......second tier books like that or SC #4 do not deserve to be discussed in the SC #22 thread. :sumo::devil:

Let's cheer DC's. :foryou:

Well, I don't think it's wrong in this post to talk about SC23 and 24. People who buy a SC22, normaly like Hal and those three books are kind of a set in my mind. I have all three. So for me, people gathering here are the same than the one who likes the SC23 and 24. :foryou:

zzz Set up your own SC #23 and SC #24 thread if you want to talk about it.......second tier books like that or SC #4 do not deserve to be discussed in the SC #22 thread. :sumo::devil:

Well, I don't think it's wrong in this post to talk about SC23 and 24. People who buy a SC22, normaly like Hal and those three books are kind of a set in my mind. I have all three. So for me, people gathering here are the same than the one who likes the SC23 and 24. :foryou:

Congrats on having a set. Too think about it, SC23 and SC24 has been discussed hear a wee bit too much here lately...let's get back to one of the most important SA book. :headbang:

Alright coming back to the SC22. Do you think all the raw HG books (6.0+) has been found or not. I would think that the book will still raise until the second movie come out and then reach a plateau.

But I do hope, people buy SC22 because they like green lantern and not only because of the movie. Green lantern has been the center of DC comics and their best sell for 2009 and 2010. They are releasing red lantern. With Flashpoint coming, do you guys think Flash becoming the center of the DC comics, the focus on GL will go down and prices will go down.

It's a bit sad but I think prices are more dictated on the idea to flip a book than anything else now. And for this reason, media covering (movies, toys) are the king, not the books themselves.

How do you know that the seller paid in the $5000 area for the book?

???

let's get back to one of the most important SA book(Showcase 22). :headbang:

Now I'm confused. I thought that you thought that we all thought or should think that Showcase 22 was the only important Silver Age book?

???

Edited by Hepcat

Alright coming back to the SC22. Do you think all the raw HG books (6.0+) has been found or not.

No way. I think that only a minority have been "found". There are all kinds of hardcore long term collectors who don't slab their books quite simply because they have no intention of selling them in the foreseeable future.

But I do hope, people buy SC22 because they like green lantern and not only because of the movie.... It's a bit sad but I think prices are more dictated on the idea to flip a book than anything else now. And for this reason, media covering (movies, toys) are the king, not the books themselves.

That's what I would hope too but I think you're probably right about flippers now being the dominant players since movies seem to have become the tail that wags the dog.

rantrant

let's get back to one of the most important SA book(Showcase 22). :headbang:

Now I'm confused. I thought that you thought that we all thought or should think that Showcase 22 was the only important Silver Age book?

???

It's been discuss here that SC4, SC22, and BB28 are the top three SA DC's. (shrug)

Alright coming back to the SC22. Do you think all the raw HG books (6.0+) has been found or not. I would think that the book will still raise until the second movie come out and then reach a plateau.

But I do hope, people buy SC22 because they like green lantern and not only because of the movie. Green lantern has been the center of DC comics and their best sell for 2009 and 2010. They are releasing red lantern. With Flashpoint coming, do you guys think Flash becoming the center of the DC comics, the focus on GL will go down and prices will go down.

It's a bit sad but I think prices are more dictated on the idea to flip a book than anything else now. And for this reason, media covering (movies, toys) are the king, not the books themselves.

I love Green Lantern. :luhv: Yeah, 6.0+ are real hard to find and how many people are willing to let it go. Here's my top copies again, which I'm going to hold on for a very long time and may only sell one or two if the price is extremely too good.

CIMG3452-Copy.jpg

DC-260-75B0C24.jpg

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Keep the focus.......there are just as many crappy DC books as Marvel.

I was just kidding with my post (kind of :devil: ). ;)