• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Here are the final prices:

9.0 - $45,111

7.5 - $9,670

6.5 - $4,500

discuss. :popcorn:

Yep. That's what they went for.

Biggest losers on these were the sellers (like me). C-Link blew it big time by offfering multiple copies in one auction.

I'm really considering another house for any future auctions I participate. hm

Biggest losers on these were the sellers (like me). C-Link blew it big time by offfering multiple copies in one auction.

That's is how I felt with my GA CA #1 3.5. They had a 6.5 for sale as well.

Here are the final prices:

9.0 - $45,111

7.5 - $9,670

6.5 - $4,500

discuss. :popcorn:

Yep. That's what they went for.

9.0 little to rich for me.

7.5 I would have got.

then perhaps, the 6.5 if I didn't win the 7.5.

Oh well. Still on my radar 1 day. Perhaps at WonderCon I'll see something I want.

Geez, do auction houses think through these things? Or does 10 percent cloud minds?

Do you think it was really affected by having more copies, in the lower direction?

I ask because CLink also had two low prices for an ASM 14 in 9.2 and 9.6, while I wanted to have my 9.4 in there. I thought that the other books might bring more bidders to watch each of them, and maybe push copies that they weren't really after.

I thought that many of the ASM prices were under GPA, most of what I was watching. I watched the early SC22's this time, as well as early Hulk, TOS, and JIM. I don't know if those sold high or low, I read the forum here to learn of how those went.

Though I haven't sold through Clink or anything. I think the Gap between the 9.0 and 7.5 was large enough to not have an effect on those 2...however with the 6.5 and the 7.5 that may be too close for my liking.

Do you think it was really affected by having more copies, in the lower direction?

I ask because CLink also had two low prices for an ASM 14 in 9.2 and 9.6, while I wanted to have my 9.4 in there. I thought that the other books might bring more bidders to watch each of them, and maybe push copies that they weren't really after.

I thought that many of the ASM prices were under GPA, most of what I was watching. I watched the early SC22's this time, as well as early Hulk, TOS, and JIM. I don't know if those sold high or low, I read the forum here to learn of how those went.

hm

Geez, do auction houses think through these things? Or does 10 percent cloud minds?

I agree. They said they would profile mine as a top key, then the 6.5 came in and they profiled the 6.5 and not mine. Was about 1 year ago now actually. I now miss that 3.5, had Joe Simon SS when I had him sign it. Oh well. I was actually trying to buy a higher GA CA #1 to have him sign but couldn't find one to buy. RIP Simon.

A lot of us got caught up in the frenzy and bought to high. Now that the prices are depressed, it's time to hold them if you can, and wait it out.

I wonder with the frenzy around Spider-Man books, if prices will deflate as much as they have on SC #22 after the movie's release.

Both B&B #28 and SC #22 have cooled off now. I kind of wish I had chased that 6.5 copy since it only went for $4500, but c'est la vie.

If you are looking to add one for your collection, a good time to buy at a discount.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

A lot of us got caught up in the frenzy and bought to high. Now that the prices are depressed, it's time to hold them if you can, and wait it out.

I wonder with the frenzy around Spider-Man books, if prices will deflate as much as they have on SC #22 after the movie's release.

Af15 is a monster even if it deflates after the movie it'll inflate again when the next spidey comes out. It's a sure win even at today inflated price

There were too high expectations for the Green Lantern Movie and prices would have held up if the movie was a success. I agree, SC22 is currently a hold. The long term trend of SC22 and top SA keys has been up. Obviously, there will be times of pull backs and stagnant growth. Regarding AF15, if past performance is an indicator...AF15 has gone up pre-movie and later cooled, stabilize, and stagnant afterwards. The late 2008 and early 2009 was the low depressed price for AF15 and prove to be a buying opportunity.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Both B&B #28 and SC #22 have cooled off now. I kind of wish I had chased that 6.5 copy since it only went for $4500, but c'est la vie.

That was a good deal for sure.

Paid that for a 6.0 prior to the movie :eek:

It will get back up there in time.

FWIW, that is why I sold all of my copies prior to the movie. ;)

Indeed. 4500$ is a great deal considering that silver age dc pre 62 are tough in the fine +

Only place is up on a like that.

Rich's copy with off white pages qas one i would have been considering( 7.5).

Sold just under 10k. Thats a bargain price. Very tough in 7.5 with off

White pages( siler dc)

If this trends continues i might br avle to puck up a sweet 8.0 for 15k!!!