• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Both B&B #28 and SC #22 have cooled off now. I kind of wish I had chased that 6.5 copy since it only went for $4500, but c'est la vie.

That was a good deal for sure.

Paid that for a 6.0 prior to the movie :eek:

Indeed. 4500$ is a great deal considering that silver age dc pre 62 are tough in the fine +

Only place is up on a like that.

Rich's copy with off white pages qas one i would have been considering( 7.5).

Sold just under 10k. Thats a bargain price. Very tough in 7.5 with off

White pages( siler dc)

If this trends continues i might br avle to puck up a sweet 8.0 for 15k!!!

Looks like the 6.5 is up for sale again on CL...for the fifth or sixth time...I lost count.

A lot of us got caught up in the frenzy and bought to high. Now that the prices are depressed, it's time to hold them if you can, and wait it out.

I wonder with the frenzy around Spider-Man books, if prices will deflate as much as they have on SC #22 after the movie's release.

There were too high expectations for the Green Lantern Movie and prices would have held up if the movie was a success.

Have prices of the entire Green Lantern Silver Age dropped off correspondingly since last spring?

???

Edited by Hepcat

A lot of us got caught up in the frenzy and bought to high. Now that the prices are depressed, it's time to hold them if you can, and wait it out.

I wonder with the frenzy around Spider-Man books, if prices will deflate as much as they have on SC #22 after the movie's release.

There were too high expectations for the Green Lantern Movie and prices would have held up if the movie was a success.

Have prices of the entire Green Lantern Silver Age dropped off correspondingly since last spring?

???

Prices have soften on GL too, but some are still holding up quite strong. Showcase 23 has been doing very well. Since GL1 hasn't risen as much as SC22, prices are holding up. Great time to be a GL buyer now.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

???

Prices have soften on GL too, but some are still holding up quite strong. Showcase 23 has been doing very well. Since GL1 hasn't risen as much as SC22, prices are holding up. Great time to be a GL buyer now.

The non-key Adams GLs (all of the others excluding #76 and #87) are jumping up a bit now. My guess is this is just a continuation of the Adams Batbooks trend, but who knows.

???

The non-key Adams GLs (all of the others excluding #76 and #87) are jumping up a bit now. My guess is this is just a continuation of the Adams Batbooks trend, but who knows.

I would agree the 76 and 87 jump to much especially 76 for a bronze age book. Tec 411 is the sleeper and so much harder to find in HG then Bat 232...for now.

Thinking about upgrading from my 1.0 soon, the prices right now for mid-grades are a steal IMO. hm

:wishluck:

Thank you, the 1.0 I got from you off Clink was my first CGC book and led me down this road of being broke all the time due to comics! :grin:

Seriously though, I'm going to jump up to at least a 3.0 soon, just need to hold out for something with off-white pages or better.

Thinking about upgrading from my 1.0 soon, the prices right now for mid-grades are a steal IMO. hm

Thank you, the 1.0 I got from you off Clink was my first CGC book and led me down this road of being broke all the time due to comics! :grin:

Seriously though, I'm going to jump up to at least a 3.0 soon, just need to hold out for something with off-white pages or better.

OW is good choice, but if you can hold out for one nice appeal/colors and OW/W.

WHITE would be the BEST choice. But that comes at a steep price. :hi:

WHITE would be the BEST choice. But that comes at a steep price. :hi:

:cloud9::hi:

I would agree the 76 and 87 jump to much especially 76 for a bronze age book. Tec 411 is the sleeper and so much harder to find in HG then Bat 232...for now.

Prices on both GL #76 and #87 have peaked and pulled back a bit for now. However, they will probably slowly increase with time like the other BA keys.

I am surprised at the strong prices being paid for the non-key Adams GL books right now. They have jumped a decent bit over the past few months, likely playing a bit of catch up.

I agree with you on Tec #411 being a sleeper. I just sent in a potential 9.4 copy I received from another boardie yesterday. My :wishluck: it turns out that way as I paid for it as a 9.4 lol . The book has a small miswrap which is a bit of a pet peeve, but it will be a keeper until I can find an upgrade.

Any guesses what the 6.5 and 7.0 will sell for tonight on CLINK? 30 min to go.

$5317 for the 7.0 (last GPA sale was for $9000 in December 2009)

$4350 for the 6.5 (last GPA sale was for $5250 in Jan 2012)

Edited by kimik