• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here is a new one for me on Ebay - Transaction cancelled by seller

37 posts in this topic

:hi:

I recently did a best offer and then received a counter offer. Of course I countered it. The seller then accepted my offer. :banana:

In my counter I accepted his amount but in the additional terms I stipulated that the price will include shipping. Then the seller sends me an angry email stating that his son approved the sale NOT him and therefore he will not honor it. :o

Ebay then sends me a transaction cancellation request. :pullhair:

What option do I really have. (shrug) The guy is upset over $4.00 dollars so what am I going to force him to send the book, rantrant which was both over graded and over priced but I needed to complete my X-Men run 1 - 500. :headbang: He probably would shred it and ship it! :sumo:

Any way was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else? ???

B

Suggest his "son" pay the $4.00

:gossip: I'm guessing the fees from feebay will be more than $4, the cost to ship a book first class will be around $2.50, and in the end the original "Best Offer" will be accepted.

^^

Yo udon't have to honor it. Not like he can neg you or anything he can just be annoyed. I hate that "My kid did it" stuff is usually BS.

I bet he was upset you included something in the details with the free shipping detail he just didn't catch the first time around.

My thoughts exactly! :sumo:

As a dealer I find this a bit annoying.

Many of you assume that I have the time to read your notes on bids.

You should have bid the amount less the shipping.

I would have honored your bid but would have written for you to bid the amount less shipping next time.

As a dealer I find this a bit annoying.

Many of you assume that I have the time to read your notes on bids.

You should have bid the amount less the shipping.

I would have honored your bid but would have written for you to bid the amount less shipping next time.

That attitude is moving dangerously close to Comicsupply level of customer service.

If you're not willing to deal with communication about your item, don't list it or don't use the BO option where you're asking potential customers to contact you.

If buyers started stating they too don't have the time to read sellers notes/terms there would be kaos

I quit reading anything. That way it can't be my fault and someone else will have to shoulder the responsibility for my actions.

Really? Comicsupply level of service.

Last time I checked my ebay feedback I didn't have any negatives and a pretty good rating over the years.

So basically you are telling me that not sending items is the same as not reading your best offer comments about including shipping in the price you are willing to pay?

What exactly is so hard in bidding the right amount instead of mudding up the transaction.

Better yet how about sending a note before you respond to the counteroffer. I answer those.

And for the record I've had this done to me twice. Both times by the same bidder. Both times I honored the bid but told him please bid the price you want to pay as I generally try to respond to ebay bids quickly.

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

I agree with Bob here. It's partially the seller's fault for not catching the shipping caveat in the notes but it's more the buyer's fault for not simply deducting the cost of the shipping from the offer. What if the note had been that the buyer wanted another book thrown in for this price or the seller has to send it to CGC first?

Not to play devil's advocate here, but a best offer only includes the actual asking price of the item not the shipping price. The shipping is actually non negotiable as far as Ebay is concerned. If you call customer service they will tell you the best offer cannot included negoitations on shipping. (Yes, I did) You would need to lower your best offer to account for the shipping.

What urks me is the comment the seller posted denying the sale as a result of his sons actions. This is in no way the buyers fault; otherwise we are at the mercy of the sellers and their claims.

Where do you draw the line? Just think of the excuses you could come up with to get out of a sale you believed you undersold -- it's like people starting a .99 auction and getting far less then they anticipated and then claiming an unknowing family member posted it.