• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC questions

5 posts in this topic

I thought I'd try to start a thread where people could try to have questions answered about this year's event.

I had a few right off:

1. For preview night, are all the dealers there and deals can be made or is it simply for showing off certain parts of the show?

2. Is there some stuff we should make sure we do on preview night because it will be too crowded or gone later?

3. Is it worth coming back at night for the movies or are the halls usually packed and so those not willing to wait in line will be shut out?

Poker,

1. There may be "only" 60k ppl inside SDCC during the Wed. advance preview so take pics of the hollywood props while u can.

3. Usually no line up after hours (7:00 pm) except for Sat.'s big Masquerade costume contest. Most fans just have dinner and relax after walking the con all day. Some will have enough energy to walk 8 blocks back down to SDCC or Marriott where the evening Superhero Kung fu :whistle: or anime is playing.

For preview night, all the dealers are there. Some of the artists may not show 'til Thursday morning, but Wednesday night is GREAT for getting on artists lists and buying convention exclusives, as best as possible. (For example, Hasbro may require, during the main days, that you get a certificate from upstairs before you can get in line to buy con exclusives. Last year for preview night, no certificate needed. They may change their mind this year, but still, the exhibitors like to 'reward' people who come for the whole thing.

The evening programming is definitely NOT crowded (except the Masquerade) but then again, this year they are really bringing out some star power and big panels to the night programs. The movies at the Gaslamp theater require a pass, and getting there early just like any movie screening, but the stuff in the convention center is usually easy to get into. I love the convention center at night, so quiet and peaceful compared to the daytime frenzy. I think once people leave at 7 pm to get dinner, try to get into parties, etc, the nighttime programming will be very accessible. I'll be there Sat. evening for the CBLDF auction and the Masquerade, and I may be there some of the other nights for some of the screenings.

Joel