• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

End of the hobby for me - it's all on ebay..

20 posts in this topic

So, why are you calling it quits?? :(

after my divorce I just haven't had the joy of reading or collecting.. I have alot of bad history with them and don't want to be reminded of anything when i walk into my room with them starring at me.. plus i need to get money to help support my son which i have custody of and with the price i'm asking will put us in a spot with out worries and get alot of lawyer fee's and court cost paid off.

I also have many-many CGC & other slabs which I will sell when i get the time to list them and take pictures.. if not here then on ebay or CL

US Postal Service Media Mail

Good luck with that. :wishluck:

No kidding I went to use that service the other day and was shot down like i was going to steal from them... so if I ship anything it's NOT going media mail :sumo:

now where do you go wrong picking up a collection like this ???

Please pardon my honesty, but before you waste any more money in listing fees, I'll just come straight out & say what everyone else is thinking: there's really no chance you're going to get anywhere near your current asking price for this lot, unfortunately.

Just like it was brought up in the ebay discussion boards thread you started about this auction, collector's don't buy large collections like this - dealers do, and as they're buying them for resale, they just don't pay the kind of money you're expecting to get for mostly newer books.

I know it sucks to hear, because I'm sure you have a ton of money invested in this, but the only way you're not going to get reamed is by splitting up the books into lots, accurately describing what's included in the lots you're selling and include good photos that show the "money" books (turner variants, sketch variants, anything that can't easily be found in the dollar or quarter bin).

Saying "Uncanny x-men #144 thru #500 + annuals & variants **some issues missing**" just seems shady, and will pretty much automatically lead a prospective buyer to assume that the most expensive issues are the ones missing.

It's a lot more work than just dumping everything on ebay, but unless you're willing to accept $0.25/book or less, it's what you'll have to do ...

now where do you go wrong picking up a collection like this ???

Please pardon my honesty, but before you waste any more money in listing fees, I'll just come straight out & say what everyone else is thinking: there's really no chance you're going to get anywhere near your current asking price for this lot, unfortunately.

Just like it was brought up in the ebay discussion boards thread you started about this auction, collector's don't buy large collections like this - dealers do, and as they're buying them for resale, they just don't pay the kind of money you're expecting to get for mostly newer books.

I know it sucks to hear, because I'm sure you have a ton of money invested in this, but the only way you're not going to get reamed is by splitting up the books into lots, accurately describing what's included in the lots you're selling and include good photos that show the "money" books (turner variants, sketch variants, anything that can't easily be found in the dollar or quarter bin).

Saying "Uncanny x-men #144 thru #500 + annuals & variants **some issues missing**" just seems shady, and will pretty much automatically lead a prospective buyer to assume that the most expensive issues are the ones missing.

It's a lot more work than just dumping everything on ebay, but unless you're willing to accept $0.25/book or less, it's what you'll have to do ...

Mike your right and wasn't being shady with this at all .. I just didn't have the time to invest right now doing all the leg work.. But if I want to get anything for them then "YES" little elbow grease will have to come sooner or later.

And i don't mind honesty, just like anyone else you were tired of seeing my posts and I understand that it get to be a sore & thank you for your comment and I'm not being sarcastic about this so please don't take it like it sounds.

US Postal Service Media Mail

Good luck with that. :wishluck:

No kidding I went to use that service the other day and was shot down like i was going to steal from them... so if I ship anything it's NOT going media mail :sumo:

I haven't had a problem with it so far (since about 2001 when I started selling comics on ebay to the present, about 1400 separate auctions, almost all of which went out good old media mail). Of course, if it happens that my buyers start complaining that they are being hit for extra postage or something, then I'll revisit things.

Sorry to see your auction did not sell again. I believe mschmidt is right about his post. Good luck to you in the future with these books.