• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With Werewolfs and Vampires as popular as ever......

42 posts in this topic

.and with the Man-Thing, Ghost Rider, and Werewolf by Night movies to come in the future. Does anyone see any of the BA titles getting a re-launch? I, for one, would love to see WBN come back, and while thier at it, finish what was a good story they left hanging in the 90's "Strange Tales"(Manny's to for that matter). With movies such as "Underworld" and others it seems people still have a love for the "classic" monsters. I guess the question is does that audience trickle down into the world of comicdom that we all embrace. I'm sure that Sterling and I, would not be the only ones that would love to see this happen. Heck, with Blades popularity-let him know that the Count is back(call Wolfman), and let's have a BA marvel horror big guns re-launch!!!!!! acclaim.gifcloud9.gifgossip.gif

I wish they could get Gene Colan to do a new ToD mature title.

They occasionally do WbN and Ghost Rider mini-series but no full series yet.

Brian

I have to say it so so good to see someone asking for Colan. He ranks amoung my all time favorites and for some reason, always seems to get the short end of the stick. And a heck of a history too!

WBN had a few pop-ups in MTU and a Spider Woman, but the Strange Tales is considered vol.2, and he has seen very little action, of course, that is, was my all time favorite charecter in comics, so I might be a little biased. Heck, I'd buy it!! I'd like to see all of them under the MAX moniker! thumbsup2.gif

The idea is intriguing. While I "specialize" in pre-code horror, I do have a number of BA books with Doc Strange, WWBN, Man-Thing etc. My only concern would be that the comics may go the way of the movies - all "action" and little dialogue, plot, real atmosphere etc. And if they stuck to the look and feel of the BA books, I have to wonder how the response would be. But one can hope!

That was Man-Things proplem, it was way ahead of it's time, I'm re-reading alot of my Man-Things now at 37 and understanding them. That book was way over my head in the early seventies! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I really like Man-Thing (ok ok - I hear the jokes - ha ha ha - very droll) and yes, I think a lot of them had more than might meet the eye. I have a ton of Man-Things now thanks to someome on the forum - gosh I forget WHO it was! But really enjoy the series.

That was Man-Things proplem, it was way ahead of it's time, I'm re-reading alot of my Man-Things now at 37 and understanding them. That book was way over my head in the early seventies! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Whoa your 37 and your just understanding Manthing's now??

Whoa your 37 and your just understanding Manthing's now??

You forgot the math! Early 70's was so long ago we are talking 7, 8, 9, 10 years old? The key here is "re-reading" - implying that close to 30 years have gone by and the subsequent re-readings are relevant. So that is why the understanding is "now" - because we are talking pre-teen vs adult. Got it? Hmmmmm?

I really like Man-Thing (ok ok - I hear the jokes - ha ha ha - very droll)

Don't take that away from me!!!!

Yes indeed, as a matter of fact,getting ready to turn in and taking my Man-Thing(#5 Night of the Laughing Dead)with me. Peace, and good night to all-CC!!! sleeping.gif

Whenever I go to bed, my Man-Thing comes with me.

Don't take that away from me!!!!

When it comes to YOU, Majorosity, I'll take anything I can get! (yes, there are double entendres galore there but to use them would be to play into my intentional hand! - hah - yet another entendre!) grin.gif

Yes indeed, as a matter of fact,getting ready to turn in and taking my Man-Thing(#5 Night of the Laughing Dead)with me. Peace, and good night to all-CC!!! sleeping.gif

I bring my Giant Size Man Thing with me... sumo.gif

FD - you must be feeling rather drained! blush.gif

I'm waiting...and hoping...and dreaming...and hoping...

popcorn.gif

Those Tomb of Dracula in magazine b/w form were awesome and 'mature' (and was short lived). I'd definitely read/collect it. I need a reason to buy today's comics (I only stay current with USM).

And Man-Thing! I tried to grab Fear #10 recently and bounced up to $150. Quite a jump from the $100 sales...