• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Significant grade bumps or drops when resubmitting old label books?

49 posts in this topic

Hey guys, my other thread got completely and utterly thrown off track, so I'm starting a new one. Who has resubmitted an old label book and received a significant bump or drop in grade? Let's see/hear some examples!

I put this up on your a last thread.... (shrug)

This will get either 9.4/9.6 after the book is fully maximized. :whistle:

RADEE038200964_161547.jpg

έχετε έρθει πάντα σε σεξουαλική επαφή; hm

Ναι. Ναι εγώ.

lol you guys are killing me.... time for the mods to brush up on their Ελληνική γλώσσα

αυτή δεν θα ήταν διασκέδαση :eek:

Ναι. Ναι εγώ.

lol you guys are killing me.... time for the mods to brush up on their Ελληνική γλώσσα

Μην αφήσετε τους σχετικά με το μυστικό!

Ναι. Ναι εγώ.

Μην αφήσετε τους σχετικά με το μυστικό!

Maybe we should switch to ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Hey guys, my other thread got completely and utterly thrown off track, so I'm starting a new one. Who has resubmitted an old label book and received a significant bump or drop in grade? Let's see/hear some examples!

Bump:

Had an ASM #14 old blue label 9.0. Cracked it out, because I thought it was a 9.2. Had it regraded at a Wizard Philly show, and it came back a 9.4. Score.

Drop:

Had a Marvel Feature #2 old blue label 9.2. Cracked it out, since that's what I did to all of the first 30 or so slabs I purchased back at the dawn of CGC. Just resubmitted it earlier this year, and it came back an 8.5.

Change in color:

Have had a couple of these. First was a copy of Fantastic Four #10, purchased with an old blue label and cracked out. When it was resubmitted years later, it came back with a green label - staples cleaned.

Had my original owner ASM #121 damaged while in the possession of CGC, and my NM- book came back an 8.5 blue label with the impression of a paper clip that didn't used to be there on the top of the front cover. Had the impression pressed out, and upon resubmission the book came back with a purple label - right edge trimmed.

Such is the grading game.