• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Strange Tales #2

20 posts in this topic

Thanks. I appreciate you helping me to accurately grade this book. It's firmly attatched at the staple, besides the small tear just below it. The inside pages are cream to off white. There is a little erosion on the top part of the spine.. not quite a split yet (tsk)

2vwhg5y.jpg

o9fpu0.jpg

Thanks. I appreciate you helping me to accurately grade this book. It's firmly attatched at the staple, besides the small tear just below it. The inside pages are cream to off white. There is a little erosion on the top part of the spine.. not quite a split yet (tsk)

2vwhg5y.jpg

o9fpu0.jpg

Martin,

Can you tell if there are staple holes in the spine just below the current staple (where the spine tear is)? I'm just wondering if the original staple hasn't been replaced.

I'm guessing 1.8 to 2.0 on this one.

Isn't the original staple still in the book? Just below and to the left of the new one?

That does look like another staple doesn't it? Was wondering about that myself.

1.8 and I would bet money that the staple that's in it now is not original to the book.

Yeah.. I get your point. The staple does look a bit new and shiney for a 50 year old piece of metal. At least it's in the right spot and they didn't make a seperate staple hole. I'll bet the old staple was rusty so they pulled it and put in a fresh one... Good call :golfclap:

BTW - there is only one staple in the book..

Martin,

Can you tell if there are staple holes in the spine just below the current staple (where the spine tear is)? I'm just wondering if the original staple hasn't been replaced.

I'm guessing 1.8 to 2.0 on this one.

1.8 and I would bet money that the staple that's in it now is not original to the book.

Yeah.. I get your point. The staple does look a bit new and shiney for a 50 year old piece of metal. At least it's in the right spot and they didn't make a seperate staple hole. I'll bet the old staple was rusty so they pulled it and put in a fresh one... Good call :golfclap:

BTW - there is only one staple in the book..

hm I guess mine wasn't a good call..... :/

Thats exactly whats going on here,the staple pull is just below the new staple

1.0/1.5 (thumbs u

staples come thru the centerfold of a book...not the back..there is no way thats an original staple...some with a desk stapler got ahold of it. GLOD 1.8

I didn't really look at the BC when grading earlier - I would agree with this assessment.

There are no other staple holes. Seems like it's just one of those old time sloppy staple jobs.

This has been discussed here before...this book is August 1951...of the era (carry-over from WWII) when they often just put one staple at the center...but it does look like a replacement staple...can't remember if that makes this a PLOD...

2.5 minus the replaced staple

Nice RARE book! :headbang:

(It's interesting...is there a choice to be made here...let's say it's a 2.0 PLOD with the replacement staple but if you removed the staple wouldn't it then be a blue label 1.0? (shrug) )