• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk 181

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guy's. I have a question for you. I have a very nice 181. Very Nice colours, OW pages. Nice corners, all stamps are intact, very minimal spine wear. It's main problem is it is missing about a 1/8'th of corner on the back cover lower left.

Most who would grade this book would call it VF/VF+. Would it be OK too grade this book as F+/VF? I know you cant see it. My scans never turn out any good. Saying this book grades as VF/VF+. Would it be OK too grade this book as a

F+/VF?? That is this book's big problem. The rest of the book is very nice. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks Guy's.

I have an X-Men #6 that looks like a 9.4 NM that is missing a little piece of the back corner and CGC gave it a 6.5 F+ so if your book isn't a NM otherwise than I'd say lower than F+

Eric

Don't worry, it's definitely nothing personal. As you've only been on these boards a short time, you may not necessarily be aware that the subject of Hulk 181 has reared its' head on rather a few occasions. In fact it's been THE broken record on these boards.

What you were asking about was a grading conundrum,which is not specifically about this particular book, anyway. Your best bet may be a CGC submission, as this would provide you with at least some info regarding grading standards at this time. Plus Hulk 181s generally do better slabbed, as it increases buyer confidence (no worries re missing MVS etc.) Having said that, post a back cover scan if you can.

Oh yeah, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guy's. I have a question for you. I have a very nice 181. Very Nice colours, OW pages. Nice corners, all stamps are intact, very minimal spine wear. It's main problem is it is missing about a 1/8'th of corner on the back cover lower left.

Most who would grade this book would call it VF/VF+. Would it be OK too grade this book as F+/VF? I know you cant see it. My scans never turn out any good. Saying this book grades as VF/VF+. Would it be OK too grade this book as a

F+/VF?? That is this book's big problem. The rest of the book is very nice. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks Guy's.

I would go F/F+. If I were to want to sell such a book on Ebay I would make sure the scan shows this flaw, or at the very least mention the flaw in the description.

Depending on how big the piece is missing has a lot to do with the grade.

I had a Silver-Age books with a chip out of the back cover (maybe 1/16" by 1/16") that have received a 9.0. The rest of the book did look 9.4 or better.