• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ken Mitchroney/Chris Allan TMNT Adventures Commission

6 posts in this topic

A little back story on this piece.

Ken Mitchroney (Now official artist for the RatFink estate) and Chris Allan were the definative TMNT Adventures artists. Chris took the series over for Ken, but the two of them had never worked together directly...until now. In March, I contacted the two of them about a commission of my favorite Adventures hero in combat with my favorite Adventures villian...Manray Vs. Armaggon. I got lucky in catching them both between projects, but with Ken in CA and Chris in PA, the only way to do this was through the mail.

So first, Chris penciled Armaggon and sent it to Ken...but the post office screwed it up beyond repair, so Ken started from scratch. He penciled and inked Manray, and sent it off to Chris, who pencil and inked a new Armaggon. Chris then colored the entire piece by hand.

As I type, the art is being FedExed to me, and will arrive the day before I leave for SDCC, where Ken has agreed to meet up and sign it for me...thus, finishing the piece.

So, here it is, in all it's glory...I couldn't be happier with the piece itself, and am also very pleased that I could bring these two fantastic artists together for the first time.

commission06.jpg

(The text is obviously a water mark)

The piece is approximately 18x20

I love it when a collector knows what he wants and puts it all together. Congrats!

One question, though, and it is a little off-topic: Why do people stamp their pictures with watermarks? Is this to prevent copycat artists...or...?

A very nice commission. Congratulations.

OT response:

In the past, I have caught individuals using images I've posted to create phony listings on ebay. I started using watermarks shortly after. I do try to position the watermark in a location where people can still see and appreciate the art.

Cheers!

N

One question, though, and it is a little off-topic: Why do people stamp their pictures with watermarks? Is this to prevent copycat artists...or...?

I just take a personal issue with someone reusing art that I paid a large sum of my hard earned money for. It's nothing personal against anyone. Besides, it's a good way to get free traffic for my blog ;-)