• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can two people own the same page?

5 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370228241688

I saw this Miracleman page on eBay and thought man it would be cool to own a page from this series but after reading the auction....

The bottom panel is the only actual drawing on the page.

I starting to think perhaps the person with the rest of the art from the page thinks he owns the page.

You know...... with some scissors and a copy machine one could turn a 8 panel page into 8 pages of art !!

It could be possible that Totleben created the top part of the page via photocopying existing images... he did this a few times in Swamp Thing, and that the top doesn't exist in illustrated (by hand) form.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370228241688

I saw this Miracleman page on eBay and thought man it would be cool to own a page from this series but after reading the auction....

The bottom panel is the only actual drawing on the page.

I starting to think perhaps the person with the rest of the art from the page thinks he owns the page.

You know...... with some scissors and a copy machine one could turn a 8 panel page into 8 pages of art !!

It is possible for 2 people to own the same page. For example, today's pencils are sometimes scanned and emailed, so there is an original inked page (over bluelines) and another is pencil only. In this case, the inked page is the one actually used to produce the comic book.

In your case, there is no other page. The rest of the page is a stat, so the rest is probably a panel from another page that was blown up. That still happens alot today, except with computers, you just see blanks! I'd rather have a stat!

Malvin