• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That "raw" ASM 122 9.8 MT/NM sold!!!!!!!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

The end price was....$2,311......for a "raw" book that may or may not be restored!!! My bro put in a bid of 9.4(OS33)+ $50, and said he was'nt even in the same galaxy with his bid....man if this baby comes back with a purple tag..whoa is somebody going to be HOT!!!!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Not as hot as the people buying Spidey 1s or Amazing Fantasy 15s from him. If nobody's done the math on comic-keys yet, he gets somewhere north of $200K in yearly e-bay revenues; and when he posted here, he himself claimed that e-bay only accounted for 10% of his total sales. 893whatthe.gif I have to believe that's exaggerated, but who knows. confused-smiley-013.gif

He claims in his auctions now that he's a "titanium powerseller," which according to the criteria at the link below means he sells $150,000 a month worth of stuff. Does anybody know how to figure out exactly what level of powerseller an e-bay seller is?

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/powerseller/criteria.html

Can I please be introduced to the nest of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons he's found!!! By the way, got FF51 in, and will give it a read this afternoon. I did'nt like that empty space between my FF50 and 52 anyway. thumbsup2.gif

Who really knows how many insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are out there. He could be shilling 90% of his auctions and still make money on the one that doesn't sell.

I seriously doubt that there are many people buying expensive comics from him.You would only have to be burned once (with a PLOD) to stay away for good.

in order to become a titanium power-seller, you need to AVERAGE $150,000 in gross sales over a consecutive three month period and then maintain that level.

the seller in question sold around $10,000 total for december, which would mean he'd have to had sold a total of $440,000 for the preceding 2 months in order to maintain that average. didn't happen........so i guess he'll be dropping down to GOLD soon.........

and insofar as the value of that ASM #122 goes; if it gets a 9.8 and comes back restored, it might still be worth $1000 and you may be able to get a refund. if it comes back unrestored but at a 9.6, it'll be worth around $1300, but a refund would be doubtful as there is no guarantee of grade implied........ and a miss on the seller's part of .2 probably isn't something that would even warrant a neg in most instances. as i said on the $1200 PLOD thread, this was a ballsy bid on someone's part............

of course if it comes back unrestored 9.8, the bidder pulled one out of the hat..........and made $3000+.......... confused.gif

He gets extremely high prices for his raw items that he sells. I dunno how he does it. I remember he was selling a Sub-Mariner # 1 as a 9.9. What is the chances of it even getting a 9.9 and I think he got like almost 1k for it.