• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darwyn Cooke

33 posts in this topic

Today's calender section in the LA TImes had a lead article about the Parker GN complete with color illo. The article also talked about the resurgence of hard-boiled crime as a comics genre - something I'm really happy about - as I far prefer books like Criminal and Back to Brooklyn than most of the horror/fantasy material that dominates the non-superhero output for adult readers.

Not that I don't enjoy some of that stuff, but when it comes to non-comic genre fiction, my diet is pretty much limited to crime fiction.

I would also recommend getting the catwoman run of him...

Not only his drawing style is a very good one, but he's a true storyteller in everysense of the word.

if only Marvel (and DC) had "this type of philosophy" towards the medium, putting talented people on their titles (art and story).

The majority of todays titles can be written by fabulous writers, but what's the point when you can't even "look" at the art... without your mind yelling "WTF is this (art)"?!?!

regards

I don't understand most of the art for today. I was reading Warren Ellis story in Astonishing X-Men and could not stand the art. It ruined what was otherwise a good story.

I loved Darwin's take on Kryptonite. That was a very good story.