• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-SDCC Sale - Zeck, Pollard, 50's Cap, Buscema, G.I. Joe #1, Vosburg, Dooney!

9 posts in this topic

Well, off to San Diego I go on Wednesday morning!!! I took last year off from the show, but am excited to go this year.

As I look to pack up for the trip, I've been going through my collection and searching for items that I could offer up to other collectors. Below is a list of items I have for sale. For those that are fans of Mike Zeck's art, I'm making a few things available from my collection. What I thought would be neat is to release some near complete books that I've been collecting to other collectors so that they may have an opportunity to complete them, or at least get some pages from those books. I also have listed some new individual items for sale. Additionally, I've lowered my prices on some items I've previously had for sale. So, it's worth looking! All discounted prices and pieces are available until July 31, 2009! After that, I will likely move some things back into the personal collection.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=2791

I'm not planning on bringing all these items to San Diego (as it could make my luggage pretty heavy), but if someone is interested in particular items, I'm more than happy to bring them along. Also, for those that aren't going to San Diego, don't worry, I'm happy to ship the items to you as well. If you catch me before the end of day tomorrow, I might even be able to get them in the mail to you before I leave!

Anyway, here's the list. Please send me a PM if you have questions or want additional scans or lists of pages included in some of the lots.

Individual Pages:

Buscema, Sal – Large Hulk Head Sketch - $60

Dooney, Michael – Set of 4 Pin-up prelims (Medusa, Polaris from X-Men #50, Valkyrie, Scarlet Witch) - $60

Kurth, Steve – G.I. Joe #1 (Devil’s Due) p. 19 (Cobra Commander and Destro) - $125 (Josh Blaylock layouts on back of page)

Lawrence, Mort – Men’s Adventures #27 Page 2 from Captain America Story (Rare 50’s Atlas) - $3,000

Lawrence, Mort – Men’s Adventures #27 Page 3 from Captain America Story (Rare 50’s Atlas) - $3,000

Nagel, Patrick - Playboy Advisor Painting (one of these just sold in Heritage for a little under $9k) - $4,000

Pollard, Kieth – Punisher Sketch (Tribute to ASM #129) + Ghost Rider Sketch by Justin Pollard (his son) - $100/set

Trimpe, Herb – Crest vs. Cavity Creeps Cels & Drawings SALE = $35/each or 3 for $100!! (see set-ups that are available on CAF)

Vosburg, Mike – Shogun Warriors #15 Page 11 - $40

Vosburg, Mike – Werewolf Illustration from Tales from the Crypt TV Episode “Let the Punishment Fit the Crime” - $500

Zeck, Mike – Captain America Annual #8 Page 22 (Classic Wolverine Issue) - $300

Zeck, Mike – Character Design for Night Vision “DC Version of the Punisher” (with Infrared Goggles) - $40

Zeck, Mike – Deadshot #4 (Set of 3 Cover Sketches on 2 Pieces of Paper) - $40

Zeck, Mike – Devil’s Due Office Prelim (Humorous Illustration of Guy Eating Hamburger and Drinking Big Gulp) - $30

Zeck, Mike – G.I. Joe Duke Head Sketch (used as guide for remarked editions of Special Missions #1) - $20

Zeck, Mike – How to Draw Dynamic Comics Prelim - $40 (similar to Marvel Universe pin-up)

Zeck, Mike – Last Action Hero Card Art (unpublished, featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger & the Grim Reaper!) - $100

Zeck, Mike – Kraven’s Last Hunt End Paper Artwork (2 Pages) (Only Available B&W art from this famous storyline)- $400/set

Zeck, Mike – Kraven’s Last Hunt Blueline color art for pages 17 & 18 of Spectacular Spider-man #132 - $275/set

Zeck, Mike – Kraven Pin-up Pencil Prelim - $25 :foryou:SOLD

Zeck. Mike – Supreme Intelligence Prelim Sketch for Marvel Theme Park - $50

Zeck, Mike – Topps Ornk Trading Card Art - $100

Zeck, Mike – The Dark (Ninja) Sketch - $100 (Comes with Certificate from Joseph Naftali, creator of the Dark)

Zeck, Mike – RBCC #134 Grey Wash Pin-up of Swan Ship from “Flesh Gordon” (early Zeck, oversized art) - $400

Zeck, Mike – Spectacular Spider-man #118 Page 2 (Great Kingpin page) - $150

Zeck, Mike – Spider-man Soul of the Hunter (follow-up to Kraven’s Last Hunt) Page 46 (featuring Peter Parker & Mary Jane) - $125

Complete/Partially Complete Books:

Zeck, Mike – Bloodshot Last Stand (36 Pages) - $3,250/set

Zeck, Mike – Batman Legends of the Dark Knight #69 & 70 (12 pages) - $1,000/set

Zeck, Mike – Challengers of Unknown #18 (14 pages incl. splash) - $600/set

Zeck, Mike – Challengers of the Unknown #18 Layouts (22 Pages) - $450/set

Zeck, Mike – Damned 1-4 (29 Pages) - $1,750/set

Zeck, Mike – Eliminator #0-3 (39 Oversized Pages, Plenty of Kung-Fu Action) - $1,950/set

Zeck, Mike – Hulk Magazine #16 (3 Pages, no Hulk on page, but vintage Zeck!) – $100/set

Zeck, Mike – RBCC 5 Page “Subjectivity” story (early Zeck) - $500/set

Zeck, Mike – Wildcards Book Finished and Prelim Illustrations (32 Total) - $850/set

If you're interested in some of these items and are cash poor, there are a few options:

1) I'm open to time payments - up to 6 months

2) I'll take PayPal (to allow you to float it)

3) I'll consider trade for nice pieces to add to my collection - Silver Age art, EC art, etc... Maybe you have some nice stuff you don't care as much about, but I would?

Hope you find something you like!

I didn't intend to kill anyone... hopefully just make a few Zeck collectors happy by offering a lot of pages at reasonable prices!

As mentioned, I'm open to time payments on any of this stuff, if it helps. Danny - let me know offline if you want me to hold anything for you.

For anyone taking part in Danny's next Zeck signing, you could always have Danny get you a signed book to go along with a page of original art!

Thanks for the free promo , always appreciated and I am sure everyone knows this already but Charles is a stand up guy taking time payments and keeping in contact. Real Stand up collector

Thanks again for helping me with my grail and as always I will tell Mike hello from you.

:headbang:

UPDATE: The following piece is no longer available, but there's still plenty of other stuff! The sale will continue until the end of the week! If you want something, please contact me before then!

Zeck, Mike – RBCC #134 Grey Wash Pin-up of Swan Ship from “Flesh Gordon” (early Zeck, oversized art)

*BUMP* - Last call! Looking to do some trading next week so whatever doesn't get purchased at my asking prices just may get sold later on down the line for a lot more. So, if you're interested in anything, please drop me a line. I'm OK with time payments.