• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CONTEST: How many of these books can you identify?

137 posts in this topic

I always have friendly and polite teenage girls behind the counter

893naughty-thumb.gifdevil.gif

What ? You want nasty ones behind the counter ?

Or perhaps he was thinking I should have them behind my desk... or have them behind my car... or have them on the pool table... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm just amazed that the good drbanner didn't recognize a book from his own website on my wall... ***listening as people scramble to banner's website to look***

Hey, so when are we going to get the answers?

I won't be posting all the answers... There are some books on the left side of that wall that I couldn't tell you for certain what they are... tongue.gif

I can tell you no one got the Blue Bolt Weird Tales on the top row, space 19... smile.gif

Results:

1st Place - Zonker ... wins $75 cover price of TPBs...

2nd Place - Warlord ... wins $25 cover price of TPBs...

And the bonus prize for naming the most obscure titles goes to 143ksk... 893applaud-thumb.gif

PM me about your prizes guys... I promise you won't have to wait as long as Khaos made me wait when I won his roast... smile.gif

And I must admit, I was a little disappointed that there weren't several suggestions made of shops with better walls. I know there are still some out there, and I try to visit as many as I can. But maybe the days of a nice wall to look at are coming to an end... confused-smiley-013.gif

And I must admit, I was a little disappointed that there weren't several suggestions made of shops with better walls. I know there are still some out there, and I try to visit as many as I can. But maybe the days of a nice wall to look at are coming to an end...

I dont know where but i saw an ad for this place called Fantazia tho.... wow did they have a great wall....

And I must admit, I was a little disappointed that there weren't several suggestions made of shops with better walls. I know there are still some out there, and I try to visit as many as I can. But maybe the days of a nice wall to look at are coming to an end...

I dont know where but i saw an ad for this place called Fantazia tho.... wow did they have a great wall....

You know... I was thinking about naming my next shop "Fantazia Comics"...

It's kinda catchy... and it would certainly spark some interest for me... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh yeah, I get to experience the world of DC. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Have you read any Sandman, JC? The series is so intelligent and well-written I think you'd enjoy it.

Oh yeah, I get to experience the world of DC. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Have you read any Sandman, JC? The series is so intelligent and well-written I think you'd enjoy it.

And one Daredevil:Born Again for you, Ms. J! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sandman is a great choice for JC... assuming he's not already read them. But I'm also leaning towards a couple of Grant Morrison JLAs, probably our best shot at simultaneously showing JC the redeeming value of a) DC characters and b) Moderns! 893whatthe.gif (Seriously Joe, I'd be interested in your preference...or at least warn me off what you've already read from DC/Vertigo)

Oh, and a big thank you of course to Lighthouse! thumbsup2.gif

And one Daredevil:Born Again for you, Ms. J! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Woo hoo! The guy in the red suit, right? (just kidding. I actually have a couple of "Man without fear" comics from the 90's. Don't remember much, other than he's blind).

Sandman is a great choice for JC... assuming he's not already read them. But I'm also leaning towards a couple of Grant Morrison JLAs, probably our best shot at simultaneously showing JC the redeeming value of a) DC characters and b) Moderns! 893whatthe.gif (Seriously Joe, I'd be interested in your preference...or at least warn me off what you've already read from DC/Vertigo)

Oh, and a big thank you of course to Lighthouse! thumbsup2.gif

JLA - a good choice due to his preference for superhero teams (ala X-Men). It just might work...

Lighthouse, ya hear that? Another book for the package. Woo hoo!

I just went to my LCS today to catch up on Wonder Woman. I really like what Greg Rucka is doing right now. An interesting take on the character. WW is the only comic I'm buying right now, but I have to say, it's really tempting to get back into buying books again. Wish I could afford a pull list like the old days. I miss reading about Superman, Flash, the JLA, etc. My inisidious plan is to get DC to hire me again. Mwa ha ha ha!

-- Joanna

I've got most of the Sandman trades and own from issue 10-15 up of the comics. Have a pile of Hellblazers, Moore Swamp THings, etc., so Vertigo is covered on my end.

JLA sounds interesting, and I have not read it.

Thanks for thinking of me Zonker!!

Ex-cellent!

I'm thinking JLA: New World Order + JLA: Rock of Ages. Howard Porter's art is kinda an acquired taste, but Morrison's JLA stories are just the cure for those long-drawn-out-modern-decompressed-storytelling-blues.

Let me know what you think!

Hey, so when are we going to get the answers?

I won't be posting all the answers... There are some books on the left side of that wall that I couldn't tell you for certain what they are... tongue.gif

I can tell you no one got the Blue Bolt Weird Tales on the top row, space 19... smile.gif

Results:

2nd Place - Warlord ... wins $25 cover price of TPBs...

And the bonus prize for naming the most obscure titles goes to 143ksk... 893applaud-thumb.gif

PM me about your prizes guys... I promise you won't have to wait as long as Khaos made me wait when I won his roast... smile.gif

And I must admit, I was a little disappointed that there weren't several suggestions made of shops with better walls. I know there are still some out there, and I try to visit as many as I can. But maybe the days of a nice wall to look at are coming to an end... confused-smiley-013.gif

Thankyew, thankyew! acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

I'll zap you a PM in a moment. Dang, if only Zonker wasn't so sharp-eyed on those love and romance comics he'd never have stayed in the lead!

Thanks for holding this interesting little diversion. And glad we could give you something to do during your snow days. smile.gif

Ex-cellent!

I'm thinking JLA: New World Order + JLA: Rock of Ages. Howard Porter's art is kinda an acquired taste, but Morrison's JLA stories are just the cure for those long-drawn-out-modern-decompressed-storytelling-blues.

Let me know what you think!

Hey, I appreciate the freebies, and the JLA's sound great (I heard Book 2: American Dreams, isn't too good?), so Book 1 and 3 looks fine by me.

Thanks again!

Lighthouse is getting my order in this week for the entire TPB run of this title. I'm looking forward to reading it. thumbsup2.gif