• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your initial reason..

90 posts in this topic

..for joining these boards?

For me it was to ask a question regarding grading and submission.

:kidaround: Hiyo!

I joined the boards after I went to the comic book store and saw a comic book in a display case with an rating on it behind the counter of my local comic book shop of an old Green Lantern/Green Arrow comic book. I asked the person (who was ringing me up) about how he came across the display case and he told me short and plainly... "CGC".

After looking at the dude rudely... I went home and looked up "CGC" and came across the site, www.cgccomics.com. "Certified Guaranty Company" who inspects, rate, and encase comics for their perservation. After spending many hours exploring the site I clicked on a link... www.collectors-society.com, and started an account to make public journals of my comic collection in an attempt to share my hobby with other like-minded hobbyist.

After a three months and 10 journal entries later... I wanted to display scans of my comics like others have done in the registry section, but the comics I had had no category listing. So after much reading... I found that you had to go to the chat board to request for comic series to have a listing. Though this could not be done... for I had to register to the chat boards in order make a request and then later found out (from a fellow board member) that only comics sent to CGC for rating and pay a fee to show my comics on the registry category under my Collectors Society account.

Was kind-of bummed out by this revelation, but found out (through looking at board members "threads dedications" (in the chat boards) for showing off their comic collections of books of all types) that it could be done in the chat board forums. I started my own thread (In the Modern Age section called... Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!) and been on the boards ever since!

drbanner emailed me that he started a thread when I sold my FF 49 CGC 9.6 back in 2002.

Came by to check out the dorks.

I found the boards through a google search for "Golden Age Comics".

I lurked in the Gold section for a couple of years before I started posting. I was primarily grabbing cover scans of books by my favorite artists that I'd love to, but will probably never, own.

I registered with the boards to send a member some information on a book that might fit their collection.

My first post? Don't remember. It may have been in "Show me some cool female characters" or one of the swiping threads. Then the Golden Age Artist Survivor series started... and there you have it.

My first post? Don't remember. It may have been in "Show me some cool female characters" or one of the swiping threads. Then the Golden Age Artist Survivor series started... and there you have it.

It's not the one on this page?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=41754&Number=778415#Post778415

-slym

It's not the one on this page?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=41754&Number=778415#Post778415

-slym

Nice one slym.

That's probably it. For some reason the "My posts" information only goes back to the Silver Age Artists survivor series. So I had no idea. Cool.

Thanks man.

drbanner emailed me that he started a thread when I sold my FF 49 CGC 9.6 back in 2002.

Still kicking myself for being second high bidder to Mark Schreuder on that one. :pullhair:

Joe Collector shut down the forum on his website and I followed the flock here...

I'm not sure I ever read it. Did you ever get any insight from those forums as to why such an anti-investment type of guy had a web site named comicinvestor.com? ???

Still kicking myself for being second high bidder to Mark Schreuder on that one. :pullhair:

You weren't the second bidder. ComicLink won it and WernerVonDoom was second.

Joe Collector shut down the forum on his website and I followed the flock here...

I'm not sure I ever read it. Did you ever get any insight from those forums as to why such an anti-investment type of guy had a web site named comicinvestor.com? ???

People change ? (shrug)

I became a dealer/member (is that what it's still called?) #0154 way back when CGC was starting up. I knew of the boards but no one was on them so forgot about them.

Last year Capt.Comics told me I should check the boards out, so I came on and the first thread I opened up was BangZooms. Wow, what comics he had/has! :cloud9:

Seeing that thread got me to come back and look some more, since then I have enjoyed looking around, buying some and selling just a tiny bit.

The folks that I have met have been great and hope to meet many more. :wishluck:

We moved to an isolated area where there are no comic shops and no buudy who collects comics. I wanted to continue collecting and chatting about comics, I stumbled upon this site and have been an active board member every since.