• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik.

623 posts in this topic

Ugg, sorry to hear it. :sorry:

Is complete recovery from a stroke possible?

Yes, but it is a tremendous amount of work.

Yes it is possible, and like you say you need a lot of work. My mother in-law suffered a couple of strokes and one heart attack. She recovered very nicely from the strokes and so so from the heart attack. She is finally giving out at the age of 86. So knowing Nik he has a long long life ahead of him. He and his family will of course be in my prayers tonight and for a very long time to come.

It is funny, when the question was asked today, "what brought you to these boards?" I stated I joined and I lurked for the most part, but it was Nik's grading contest that got me hooked on these boards.

I live just over an hour away and I keep missing him at the Boston Con each year. Nik, if you can't make it there this year, I know I will see you there next year! Wishing you a fast and full recovery!

I know, weird thinking about myself... but in all seriousness, I have had tingly-numb feelings in my right arm for a few days now. I brushed it off, thinking it will get better on it's own.

Tomorrow, jobless and broke, I go to the doctor.

-slym

Ugg, sorry to hear it. :sorry:

Is complete recovery from a stroke possible?

Yes, but it is a tremendous amount of work.

Yes it is possible, and like you say you need a lot of work. My mother in-law suffered a couple of strokes and one heart attack. She recovered very nicely from the strokes and so so from the heart attack. She is finally giving out at the age of 86. So knowing Nik he has a long long life ahead of him. He and his family will of course be in my prayers tonight and for a very long time to come.

It is funny, when the question was asked today, "what brought you to these boards?" I stated I joined and I lurked for the most part, but it was Nik's grading contest that got me hooked on these boards.

I live just over an hour away and I keep missing him at the Boston Con each year. Nik, if you can't make it there this year, I know I will see you there next year! Wishing you a fast and full recovery!

I don't know Nik personally, but he is definitely one of the good people around here that help make this place is so great.

I'm glad nik was on the ground in the US when it happened, instead of on a plane halfway across the ocean. The faster you get medical attention for a stroke, the better the prognosis, right?

You're one of the good ones, nik.

I am fully aware that you can get a stroke at any time, but I don't think Nik is that old. I one time knew someone who was about 40 years old who had a stroke. The stroke put him in a wheel chair. The one good thing I remembered was that he was back to normal after only a couple of months. I maybe wrong, but I have a feeling the younger you are the better chance you have of recovering from a stroke. But, man this really is a huge shock and a big time downer. My thoughts and prayers will be out to Nik and his family.

I also was part of his contest. I know that just going throw one contest I became a much, much better grader. I still was nowhere near perfect, but I remember having fun, and I appreciated the fact that he actually went through the effort of PM'ing all people who sent him grades. Nik has always been one of the stronger members here, and I know that everyone will be hoping for a speedy recovery.