• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik.

623 posts in this topic

Thanks... I planned to. I just need to talk to the Chicago convention goers and see if a 4pm toast is possible.

There will no doubt be countless different toasts made in Niks honor,some public, some private. So how about an international moment of silence instead of a toast?

Might be easier for everyone to pull off, especially those at work. And it might do us all good to stop and think inwardly for a minute about Nik, and what he meant to us.

Just an thought

While we are on the topic of tributes I have an idea that I have been bouncing around for a few days and I was wondering if this is a good one and if it is doable.

How about a forum recognized pedigree be created , the Nik pedigree that would be all the known books that passed thru him and on to others, be it slabbed or raw.

Forum members could go through their collections and provide the serial numbers of slabs they bought off of him and info on raws (or get them slabbed too) and provide this info for a database of as many books as possible from his collection that he sold (and even any books in the future that are sold from his estate or kept for his children)

People should then affix labels on the slabs or the bags of the raw books identifying them and then, hopefully for all time, any time one of these books is sold here or anywhere his name will be mentioned and immortalized.

If people are not aware of who he is they could then google it and a webpage would be found that can be a testament to him.

Is that doable? hm

Thanks... I planned to. I just need to talk to the Chicago convention goers and see if a 4pm toast is possible.

There will no doubt be countless different toasts made in Niks honor,some public, some private. So how about an international moment of silence instead of a toast?

Might be easier for everyone to pull off, especially those at work. And it might do us all good to stop and think inwardly for a minute about Nik, and what he meant to us.

Just an thought

While we are on the topic of tributes I have an idea that I have been bouncing around for a few days and I was wondering if this is a good one and if it is doable.

How about a forum recognized pedigree be created , the Nik pedigree that would be all the known books that passed thru him and on to others, be it slabbed or raw.

Forum members could go through their collections and provide the serial numbers of slabs they bought off of him and info on raws (or get them slabbed too) and provide this info for a database of as many books as possible from his collection that he sold (and even any books in the future that are sold from his estate or kept for his children)

People should then affix labels on the slabs or the bags of the raw books identifying them and then, hopefully for all time, any time one of these books is sold here or anywhere his name will be mentioned and immortalized.

If people are not aware of who he is they could then google it and a webpage would be found that can be a testament to him.

Is that doable? hm

That is a great idea and I would be in full support! Perhaps as well his entire collection as it sits could be assembled with the assistance of some close friends and "pedigreed" and sold for his family...that would be a beautiful thing... (thumbs u

damn dude. you gonna make me start drinking hella early. (shrug)

might I suggest this:

3 PM Pacific

4 PM Mountain

5 PM Central

6 PM Eastern

midnight in UK, Western Europe, etc.

Just a suggestion ...........

Just knowing Nik is in a better place now has made this afternoon the most bearable day i`ve had in the last few ............. I would urge any boardies that are going to be in Chicago on the 6`th to come on out to the Greektown dinner -- I think that after that night we just might be an even more tighter community than we are now

Although I hardly know anyone here and I've barely posted, its easy to see Nik meant a lot to a lot of people here. My condolences to everyone who feels the loss.

This is only the 2nd time I've seen a board member pass in my days of posting on a comic book message board and both times the members rallied together in thoughts, prayers and good deeds in abundance.

Although this is a very sad occasion. Seeing the outpouring here makes me proud of this hobby's and this board's sense of community. We all would be lucky to do as well as to be thought of the same way as Nik when our time comes.

Continue in joy, Nik!

Even those like me who never met you were impacted by you. As I said what seems like a long time ago but was only a couple or three says ago, Nik's posts had a claming effect on me and made me appreciate this place more. The funny thing is I had for a long time the impression that Nik was in his 20's. He was that vibrant.

Pulled this out of the other thread in case anyone might miss it. Thank you, Drew.

Nikolas Manousaridis

MANOUSARIDIS, Nikolas Of Southborough, July 25, 2009. Beloved husband of Tracy (Glick) Manousaridis. Loving father of Leanne, Jonny and Celia Manousaridis. Devoted son of John and Parthena ( Sideropoulos) Manousaridis of Katerini, Greece. Brother of Harry Manousaridis of IL. Also survived by many loving cousins and extended family. Late owner Brothers Auto Center, Sudbury. Funeral service at the Greek Evangelical Church of Boston, 1115 Centre St., Newton, Tues. July 28 at 10 AM. Relatives and friends kindly invited. Interment private. In lieu of flowers, donations in memory of Nikolas may be made to Tedy's Team, American Stroke Assoc. www.kintera.org Family will receive visitors at his late residence, Tues., Wed., Thurs., July 28, 29, 30, 4-8pm. For remembrances please visit www.mem.com Duckett-J. S. Waterman Home of Memorial Tribute Sudbury 978-443-5777

I was out of town for a good portion of the weekend, and this was not the news I was hoping to read this morning :(

Rest in peace Nikos, I'm glad you won't have to suffer anymore.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends, he touched many lives, and he will be sorely missed. Like I said before, the world needs more people like Nik.

--Steve :(

I feel for Niks family most. And I hope that they manage to get through this rough time and see better days again soon. Many of us are very saddened by the loss of our friend, fellow collector and have poured our hearts out here. Personally I feel I was lucky to have met Nik. I met him first at NYCC when I first joined and will never forget that night. I sat with NIK, CGCworld, and Casey and we all chatted all night. But Nik was very quick to speak with my wife and I about how the hobby he loves really was, and nothing negative was said. He then talked to Jess and I about life, love, and family. It was a memorable night that I remember more vividly than any other convention or dinner since (I even remember drooling over the sweet haul he picked up). Every dinner after was the same, I would always sit down next to Nik he was just a wonderful person to be around and to learn from. My time spent here was filled with many conversations with him, and many of them were just me asking for advice or just saying "whats up dude". Now more than ever I feel I need to implement all of those teachings, advice, and acts of kindness.

I say all of this because it is what I have been thinking all week. I have welled up, been shocked, hell even now I have tears in my eyes. I miss Nik.. But what really bothers me more than anything is not that I will never speak to him again. Not because he will never post again. It is because his family will never do these things with him again. He loved his family with all of his heart and that is what kills me. His wife has lost a great man whom many respected and loved, and who shared her love. His kids will not really see the same man we have known, or his wife has known. They are too young to get the truly valuable lessons, to really get to know NIK. And that is the worst part. He was a man who had so much to share with them, and I know that he was excited about that.

So to Niks family. I am sorry for your loss. It is a true tragedy to lose such a wonderful human being at a young age. And hope that in some way Niks children know that their father was a wise man who was loved and respected by many. I pray for you all and know that Nik is with god watching over you all now.

Rest in Peace Nik. We all miss you, and we hope you have found peace.

Pat

I'm away from home and just read the news about Nik. So sorry to hear this. Hopefully, he's in a better place now than he has been the last week. :(

Keep those donations to his family flowing in. They will need it more than ever now.