• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik.

624 posts in this topic

I don't know if that's appropriate yet.

Someone closer to the situation should do that... and the family should approve first. I don't think we have enough details yet.

(I'd leave it to DrWatson or someone on the East Coast to be the point person for this.)

Just a thought...

I pm'd Jim and suggested that perhaps instead of flowers, we could take up a collection for the family. I'm just trying to be practical. I know I'd like to donate...so, I'll check in the morning and if no one else who is closer to him is around (I know SDCC is starting) I'll volunteer to collect the money.

Flowers are lovely, but they don't last long..and we could send some flowers as a group, and some cash, perhaps, rather than just masses of flowers.

Try to have a peaceful evening everyone.

I don't know if that's appropriate yet.

Someone closer to the situation should do that... and the family should approve first. I don't think we have enough details yet.

(I'd leave it to DrWatson or someone on the East Coast to be the point person for this.)

I called Andrew (GAcollectibles) before and he's going to speak to Nik's wife...Andrew is already in SD, they live close to each other....anyway, we can see in the morning.

wow, I just picked up the slabs he shipped me today and had just sent him a PM to thank him for the slabs 2 minutes before I saw this thread.

I don't know him, but get well Nik (thumbs u

Thanks for the update calls Jim & Sharon, my thoughts are with nik and his family,

Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

I have a serious lump in my throat as I type this. :(

Just today I hung a Disney animation cell Nik sent me long ago for my sons room. I forgot all about it until today when I cleaned up my comic room and was thinking what a great guy Nik is.

Then I read this news.

I will leave his family alone as I imagine their plate is full, but if I can help out in any way shape or form just tell me what to do and I will drop everything to be there for my good friend Nik.

Be strong Nik, you can beat this.

You and your family will be in our prayers and thoughts.

I remember that as it happened.I remarked how generous Nik was.He simply brushed it off as anyone would do the same.A class act through and through.

Please be ok Nik...please.

Why the bad things happening to good people, always.

I don't know what else to say. I wish I could help, I wish this wasn't happening.

C

Just a thought...

I pm'd Jim and suggested that perhaps instead of flowers, we could take up a collection for the family. I'm just trying to be practical. I know I'd like to donate...so, I'll check in the morning and if no one else who is closer to him is around (I know SDCC is starting) I'll volunteer to collect the money.

Flowers are lovely, but they don't last long..and we could send some flowers as a group, and some cash, perhaps, rather than just masses of flowers.

Try to have a peaceful evening everyone.

We will have something arranged in the morning and post it in a separate thread once all the details are ironed. Thank you, Sharon.

Correction, smarter people than me have suggested we go ahead and post the new thread. It will be forthcoming in a moment.