• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Bought 70's Romance Comics?

15 posts in this topic

Okay, other than Greggy...

But seriously, I don't remember any girls reading these books, and don't remember seeing any in collections or sets that I've bought over the years.

So, other than Greggy, who was out there buying these books, or are all the HG samples from remainder stacks?

But seriously, I don't remember any girls reading these books, and don't remember seeing any in collections or sets that I've bought over the years.

So, other than Greggy, who was out there buying these books, or are all the HG samples from remainder stacks?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't know if I want to admit it.....

I collect My Love, Our Love Story, selected DC Romance Giants, and selected covers that would prove un-PC in this day and age. I didn't buy these off the rack as a kid though.

Jim

I collect My Love, Our Love Story, selected DC Romance Giants, and selected covers that would prove un-PC in this day and age. I didn't buy these off the rack as a kid though.

Jim

Prove it!!!

Got any doubles? flowerred.gif

Jim

Prove it!!!

Oh I can prove it alright....just have to get to them in the black hole of my collection.

Doubles? I have to check. Though I doubt it....I sold most of these dups when I liquidated my moderns on eBay about 3 years ago. I'll see if I can check this weekend....

Jim

Jim

Prove it!!!

Oh I can prove it alright....just have to get to them in the black hole of my collection.

Doubles? I have to check. Though I doubt it....I sold most of these dups when I liquidated my moderns on eBay about 3 years ago. I'll see if I can check this weekend....

Jim

893applaud-thumb.gif

I never did,until some dealer threw in a coverless golden age love comic in a mail-order transaction.I was quite taken by it and bought several modern,including a DC 100pager. Didn't care for them at all.

I was just going to ask if someone could post a pic of this cover. Steranko is a freakin' genius.

I was just going to ask if someone could post a pic of this cover. Steranko is a freakin' genius.

Yep...his art in so unique compared to the other stories that it seems as if it shouldn't even be in the same book. thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Off the newstand......no one I know. Did I keep them when one or two showed up in collections I bought back then (I use the term collection loosely....more like the remnants of other kids' childhood), sure. But I did not know anyone, including my sister, cousins, or any female friends I had who bought them. I'd say that the comic industry had already lost a good portion of female readership by the 70's with the only populare female fare being teen and cartoon titles.