• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wilmington Comic Show/Con for 2010

11 posts in this topic

I have been talking with the owner of the LCS in town and fellow local collectors here in Wilmington NC, and we are in the infancy of putting together a show/con down here on the Carolina coast. We have done enough leg work to ascertain a few locations that would be ideal etc. The emphasis will of course be buy/trade/sale etc with GA, SA and BA well represented at the event. We have talked to several people who set-up at the Raleigh shows about it, and would be willing to give it a go for trail run and a reduced rate for their table/booth.

Wilmington has the beach of course, golf, great resturants and bars.....and of course eye candy galore. So, please if anyone has any suggestions/advice please let me know as it would be appreciated.

We have mid May in mind for the date, and it would before the big Heros Con in Charlotte and after taxes in April. Thanks in advance for any suggestions-Peace CC.

who is your LCS owner you've talked to.........Adam?

Yeah, Adam is involved, but he's going to sell of the LCS to Jake and be Jake's SA and GA provider, I'll handle the BA, and Jake will run the shop and handle the Mods and day to day operations. Charlotte? Did we meet at a Raleigh Show???

I've been coming for years, but haven't been to the first two this year. I'll be back August 30th.

I run the Charlotte Comicon with Dave Hinson

http://www.charlottecomicon.com/

I've known Adam for years. He's bought a lot of GA from me.

Rick

Yeah, Adam and I came up the last show of 08, I drove up, I know he has a good friend in Charlotte, who also bought my Conan 3 CGC 8.5 I had at his shop-wondering if you were one and the same?

Sounds like we might have, and I'll bump the thread as needs to be for those interested.

....and yes, the UNCW Girls are very easy on the eye's!!!!

I fully agree that Wilmington needs a show, and that is our goal-Thanks for the interest right off the bat here-Peace CC.