• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty bits from SDCC '09

169 posts in this topic

And this little Vulcan lady kept smiling at me, until I asked for a picture and she went full on Vulcan. I thanked her for the picture, and she replied, "Live long and prosper."

103.jpg

This right here is a great pic & a great little story to go with it TOAST.

(worship)

It was late on Friday night I took that picture. I wanted to get a pic of her an another girl in Star Trek garb, but the Vulcan lady told me her Lt. Commander was busy and could not be disturbed during an important communication...she was on the telephone. lol

Wow, this gets better & better. I don't recall if you're married or not. If not, I can only pray you acquired her communicator um uh um number or whatever.

And this little Vulcan lady kept smiling at me, until I asked for a picture and she went full on Vulcan. I thanked her for the picture, and she replied, "Live long and prosper."

103.jpg

(worship)

It was late on Friday night I took that picture. I wanted to get a pic of her an another girl in Star Trek garb, but the Vulcan lady told me her Lt. Commander was busy and could not be disturbed during an important communication...she was on the telephone. lol

Wow, this gets better & better. I don't recall if you're married or not. If not, I can only pray you acquired her communicator um uh um number or whatever.

Married.

103.jpg

(worship)

There was opportunity aplenty during the week, but I am very married and happily so.

There were some people asking for pics of comics at the show, so I'd highly recommend you flipping the channel to thehumantorch's SDCC report for some great pics! It was amazing to see all the books and OA at this show.

I saw several great pieces of OA, including pages by Ditko, Kirby, Ayers, Adams, hell, you name it and you could find it at this show.

34.jpg

Great pics! Thanks for sharing....especially the babes! :devil:

One thing stood out, though.......

83308.jpg.807315fdcd847aaa1badde38219641ec.jpg

I saw several great pieces of OA, including pages by Ditko, Kirby, Ayers, Adams, hell, you name it and you could find it at this show.

34.jpg

"Step away from the table. Set the moccha gently on the ground. Now get the out of my booth!"

I didn't notice that. :screwy:

This little Bo-Peep lured me to the booth she was working. There was a TOS39 (about 3.0) I came back to look at priced at $650 - the guy said he'd work with me. When I came back the next day, the book had sold and I was told they sold it for $200 more than their original asking price.

36.jpg

They lied.I bought the book

comic-con09071-1.jpg

Also showed Blazing Bob the comic he gave it a 3.5 VG-

That's Kristin at Jamie Newbold's Southern California Comics' booth. Top notch guy.

She always wears great costumes. (thumbs u

34.jpg

83308.jpg

"Step away from the table. Set the moccha gently on the ground. Now get the :censored: out of my booth!"

I didn't notice that. :screwy:

lol That about sums it up. Yet another reason to keep it a Comic-Con rather than a media-con.

The censor thingie really messed up your post...... (shrug)

lol That about sums it up. Yet another reason to keep it a Comic-Con rather than a media-con.

The censor thingie really messed up your post...... (shrug)

That has been happening a lot lately to my posts...

Awesome report Royce !! I just read the whole thing. I never would have seen it if you didn't say something. I just don't look in the Comic Events forum much. Good seeing you again.....and maybe next year we can do it all over again (thumbs u