• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G.I. Joe 155 common production defect !!

6 posts in this topic

So, a few months ago a bought a copy on Ebay. It was very nice except it had two identical tiny piece missing on the edge on both the front and back of the book. I put it up in the PGM forum and you guys said it would kill the grade. I suggested that it could possibly be production related and nobody really commented on it either way. I assumed it was a defect and ende dup returning the book. Well... you guys were all full of it! :P It WAS production related, as I received a GI joe 155 CGC 9.4 with the SAME EXACT tears on the front and back of the book! Unfortunately I don't have the photos of the book I originally had, but trust me, it is the same exact defect. Do you guys have a copy you can check?

3749482292_342c3cd5be_o.jpg

3749482232_70b1995a0d_o.jpg

I even found a 9.8 on Ebay that has the beginnings of the same defect!!

gijoe_2048.jpg

I have two copies of this book. They are both in the 9.4 to 9.6{raw} grade wise. Neither one of these book's has this tear{s}. But it may well be a production issue. It sure wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. Nice book BTW.

(thumbs u

Actually that 9.8 isn't mine. the first 2 pics are from my cgc 9.4. There's no doubt IMO this is a production defect, as the 2 I've owned have had it and that 9.8 has a less severe case. Not to mention, there's no way cgc would have given the book a 9.4 with those chips if they were damage.

I'm just curious if any of you guys have the book, and if it has this defect.

:popcorn: