• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantsy #15s and their current market values please

124 posts in this topic

I would have to agree that spiderman is one of the most collected titles there is (relatively speaking)...could be 1/3 of marvel silver age collectors that collect, could be higher, could be lower... no way to know for sure, but there are certainly a lot of SA fans that collect spidey's from the Silver age... however, no way that 1/3 of "all" collectors collect spidey... that is likely WAY off (I suspect maybe 1% of comic collectors as a whole collect silver age spidey...and that # maybe be way high... don't know...just an assuption I am making from my observations, and I can support with sales numbers, if anyone is interested)

again, just my opinion based on all the info I have (thumbs u

Thanks for pointing it out. My oversight...definitely not 1/3. doh!

if we are just talking "fan's" then I think 1/3 is probably low... but since we are talking collecting SA spideys (and AF 15), then my guess is less than 1% (again, a quick look at SA spidey issues bought and sold, quantitatively, relative to all issues bought and sold, from sources like GPA, cons, ebay, etc, should more than support my assertion)

When I say 1/3, I am talking also aboutsilver,bronze,copper and modern combined and not just silver age. When I looked at the GPA for the first time a few months ago, I couldn`t believe how much ASM does in volume sales wise compared to all these other so called hot hyped books, please Deadpool`s got nothing on Spidey. :)

who's deadpool lol

I would have to agree that spiderman is one of the most collected titles there is (relatively speaking)...could be 1/3 of marvel silver age collectors that collect, could be higher, could be lower... no way to know for sure, but there are certainly a lot of SA fans that collect spidey's from the Silver age... however, no way that 1/3 of "all" collectors collect spidey... that is likely WAY off (I suspect maybe 1% of comic collectors as a whole collect silver age spidey...and that # maybe be way high... don't know...just an assuption I am making from my observations, and I can support with sales numbers, if anyone is interested)

if we are just talking "fan's" then I think 1/3 is probably low... but since we are talking collecting SA spideys (and AF 15), then my guess is less than 1% (again, a quick look at SA spidey issues bought and sold, quantitatively, relative to all issues bought and sold, from sources like GPA, cons, ebay, etc, should more than support my assertion)

When I say 1/3, I am talking also aboutsilver,bronze,copper and modern combined and not just silver age. When I looked at the GPA for the first time a few months ago, I couldn`t believe how much ASM does in volume sales wise compared to all these other so called hot hyped books, please Deadpool`s got nothing on Spidey. :)

who's deadpool lol

Isn't he the guy who's playing Green Lantern? lol

who's deadpool lol

well, my pool is full of dead leaves, does that count (shrug)

who's deadpool lol

well, my pool is full of dead leaves, does that count (shrug)

Time to move 'em out, so the kids can swim...though it may be cold. Let it be.