• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantsy #15s and their current market values please

124 posts in this topic

boys, take note, that's how you give a real response to a fellow collector looking for some information :baiting:

If you were any more full of excrement than you've been in this thread, I'd be forced to jam a plunger in your mouth and repeatedly flush in an effort to get the lingering smell of this thread out of the Silver Comics forum. This was your original post:

can someone list the current market values for AF15 in all grades (0.5 - 9.6) using recent sales (2009)as the definition of current market value?

Clearly, you were looking for factual market data, not "opinions" as you've been backpeddling your request as all week. The only real place you could get data as complete as what you asked for is to copy and paste it from GPA. You said earlier you regretted ever posting this thread--that's also entirely BS, because you've been extending the thread endlessly with arguments all week any time someone posts in agreement that they, too, regret you ever posting it. :makepoint: :makepoint: :makepoint:

that was very creative of you. did you sit up all night thinking about a witty response?

i agree, i worded the original question badly for what i was after. i had no idea i would get so many silverage telling me to go pay for information like that etc blah.

ive been continuing to post in the thread as i am finding it quite fun to hear your ridiculous responses and reply to them.

You're not related to CAPFreak in any way are you? hm:roflmao:

why is that?

does he ask for GPA info too or does he just enjoy responding to your unhelpful posts?

p.s. it never looks good to roll with laughter at your own jokes ;)

boys, take note, that's how you give a real response to a fellow collector looking for some information :baiting:

If you were any more full of excrement than you've been in this thread, I'd be forced to jam a plunger in your mouth and repeatedly flush in an effort to get the lingering smell of this thread out of the Silver Comics forum. This was your original post:

can someone list the current market values for AF15 in all grades (0.5 - 9.6) using recent sales (2009)as the definition of current market value?

Clearly, you were looking for factual market data, not "opinions" as you've been backpeddling your request as all week. The only real place you could get data as complete as what you asked for is to copy and paste it from GPA. You said earlier you regretted ever posting this thread--that's also entirely BS, because you've been extending the thread endlessly with arguments all week any time someone posts in agreement that they, too, regret you ever posting it. :makepoint: :makepoint: :makepoint:

that was very creative of you. did you sit up all night thinking about a witty response?

i agree, i worded the original question badly for what i was after. i had no idea i would get so many silverage telling me to go pay for information like that etc blah.

ive been continuing to post in the thread as i am finding it quite fun to hear your ridiculous responses and reply to them.

You're not related to CAPFreak in any way are you? hm:roflmao:

why is that?

does he ask for GPA info too or does he just enjoy responding to your unhelpful posts?

p.s. it never looks good to roll with laughter at your own jokes ;)

It looks awfully damned good from where I'm sitting.

7.5's are hitting 90K ,8.5's 150-175 K, no recent 9.0's or 9.2's, 9.4's around 250K, but a 9.4 ,in my opinion, would probably hit 300 -350 K now.

bennos...

let me "correct" the above inaccurate (WAY wrong) info..

2 cgc 7.5's have sold in the 40K range...BOTH sold due to the "potential" value (and indeed, both are now higher than cgc 7.5 ;) )

current 7.5's are in the $30-36K range

current 8.0's are in the $60-70K range (though several did push 80K, they are not now)

the Comicconnect 8.5 sold for $118K (not 168K??) last year in Oct, I believe...

current 7.0's have been in the 25-35K range (just really depends on eye appeal, etc)...

a 6.5 right now on clink has a 22K bid and another with 25K asking an no bids...

a 6.0 did push 18K+, but again, it had pressable defects, so the bidding was for potentialization, not based on the $12-15K a "final" 6.0 would garner

hope that helps a bit

5.0's are in the $9-11K range (again, depending on eye appeal)

etc

Sorry about the error.at 8.5. Comiclink also lists a sale at 8.5 for 122 K. Comicconnect has an 8.0 listed at 80 K....unsold at this point. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

jimbo, hope you know my point was only to "correct" the info posted, not meant to be disrespectful...

but, yes, I would say that 115-125K is a fair 8.5 range right now...

the last 2 cgc 8.0's to "sell" were at $66K and $70K...the previous 2 were reported to have sold at 85K and 80K, but even 8.0 is trending "down"... again, not every 8.0 looks the same, etc, so ranges can still be way wrong!

No offense taken....accurate info is ALWAYS the goal. I know exactly what you mean about 8.0's....I had an FF 13 in 8.0 that I "upgraded" twice to 8.5, and ended up selling both 8.5's and keeping the 8.0...it was that nice.I finally got an 8.5 that barely eclipsed it and kept that 8.5. An 8.0 can have a myriad of defects and if it doesn't match the wants of the buyer of the day, it'll sit. Some people don't mind a couple spine stresses if the corners are sharp....for some, the spine is the deal breaker. Timing is everything at that level. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

what makes you think i wouldn't know what to do with sales data?

Well, as your follow-up posts are proving over & over, you're an i diot.

We're trying to let you know how to appropriately address these boards, and instead of learning from those who know, you'd rather keep your head buried/backpedal your statements/be an all-around jerk. Keep it up, you're certainly not the first.

Too bad. So sad.

Rick

I find GPA to be an invaluable tool.......now get your own.... (thumbs u

He's not going to get his own if people keep providing the information to him for free! :gossip:

i agree that GPA is a fantastic market value tool, but im not going to pay money to see auction results :insane:

also, GPA state on their site that they will provide a FREE key pass to trial the site before you buy, but that section of the site is not working for me as i have not yet received my key pass.

DOES this sound like one of those CHEAP collectors Bob storms is always talking about ? lol

what makes you think i wouldn't know what to do with sales data?

Well, as your follow-up posts are proving over & over, you're an i diot.

We're trying to let you know how to appropriately address these boards, and instead of learning from those who know, you'd rather keep your head buried/backpedal your statements/be an all-around jerk. Keep it up, you're certainly not the first.

Too bad. So sad.

Rick

thanks for proving there are worse people out there than me (thumbs u

He's not going to get his own if people keep providing the information to him for free! :gossip:

i agree that GPA is a fantastic market value tool, but im not going to pay money to see auction results :insane:

also, GPA state on their site that they will provide a FREE key pass to trial the site before you buy, but that section of the site is not working for me as i have not yet received my key pass.

DOES this sound like one of those CHEAP collectors Bob storms is always talking about ? lol

you know nothing about me or what i collect.

there are a lot of collectors who choose not to register with GPA.

either you or bob are wrong. (or both :grin: )

true but you do appear cheap lol

Can someone please post pricing data for Smurfs #1 CGC 9.8...

I'd check it myself, but I'm only just back from a trip, and the browser window open with GPA is behind the window with the forum in it, and my bluetooth mouse batteries just died and I can't reach the touchpad on my MacBook so I can swipe to get all windows in a row so I can select the GPA website, so.... oh just ing forget it...

lol

the Man himself!!

did swapto call you yet George??

Nope - I'm in the office at the moment. If he's in the Melbourne CBD area he can drop in for a coffee and custard donut... he'd better hurry, the donuts are going fast

true but you do appear cheap lol

yes, ill give you that lol

Nope - I'm in the office at the moment. If he's in the Melbourne CBD area he can drop in for a coffee and custard donut... he'd better hurry, the donuts are going fast

hey george,

i just tried calling then.

is your number: 03 9001 0808 ?

if so that too, like your free gpa test drive, is not working.

thanks for the offer of coffee and doughnuts, im in sydney though (thumbs u

I'd check it myself, but I'm only just back from a trip, and the browser window open with GPA is behind the window with the forum in it, and my bluetooth mouse batteries just died and I can't reach the touchpad on my MacBook so I can swipe to get all windows in a row so I can select the GPA website, so.... oh just ing forget it...

that's a bit far fetched mate.

trying to REEL in the new clients with this attitude?

Hey, don't take it so seriously - you know us Aussies like to to take the pizz out of each other ;)

hey george,

PM me your details and I'll set you up.

Hey, don't take it so seriously - you know us Aussies like to to take the pizz out of each other ;)

sorry mate, just got my back up recently....

hey george,

PM me your details and I'll set you up.

done.

sorry mate, just got my back up recently....

No worries - PM me your name/email address and I'll set you up in the system. The reason the trial appears not to work is that it's emailing you access details and most likely your mail server is treating the email from us as spam. Or you have an aggressive ISP that treats everything as spam unless the sender's details are in your address book (e.g. Yahoo mail). Make sure to check your junk/spam folders. Unfortunately we don't have any control over how mail is handled at your end.

id like to apologize to those of you i have offended when i asked for current prices.

i did not really know of the gpa and what it did before i was directed to it in this thread.

i also had no idea that so many "newbs" like me had bothered you all by asking for the data before...

i can sincerely tell you that when i first posted this thread what i was after were 'your thoughts' on the value of the grades of the book. gpa data would have been helpful too although i fully understand that it is privileged information as there are those (george) who make a living off of such things.

as you can see george has been nice enough to let me contact him.

thanks george and thanks to those showing me the error of my ways.

Ben