• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Idea that has jumped the shark (but really did from the very beginning)

47 posts in this topic

Ugh... Domino used to be cool. This makes her worse. That first cover looks like a red Lady Death or something.

Moderns... blech.

-Rob-

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it. Looks like a Lady Death/Elektra/She Hulk mashup.

Next up will be bringing Paste-Pot Pete back from the dead to rule at her side as Marvel's Evil Ernie.

Paste-Pot Pete is dead!!! :o

Ugh... Domino used to be cool. This makes her worse. That first cover looks like a red Lady Death or something.

Moderns... blech.

-Rob-

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it. Looks like a Lady Death/Elektra/She Hulk mashup.

Next up will be bringing Paste-Pot Pete back from the dead to rule at her side as Marvel's Evil Ernie.

That's exactly what I thought!

Gah sorry guys, I was thinking of another low-tier villain whose name began with 'P', namely Porcupine (who is dead). Paste-Pot Pete is stuck in some 'Groundhog Day' time loop, but not dead.

And no, I'm not calling him 'Trapster'. Paste-Pot Pete forever!

Moderns... blech.

-Rob-

Paste-Pot Pete is dead :o

Gah sorry guys, I was thinking of another low-tier villain whose name began with 'P', namely Porcupine (who is dead). Paste-Pot Pete is stuck in some 'Groundhog Day' time loop, but not dead.

And no, I'm not calling him 'Trapster'. Paste-Pot Pete forever!

doh!

What a great concept, Marvel sure is the house of ideas!

• Marvel Universe
  • Ultimate Marvel Universe
  • Marvel MAX Universe
  • Marvel RED Universe

Four titles per character. They just quadrupled their inventory.

I like it.

Stock should be shooting through the roof Monday morning :makepoint:

82996.jpg.da441a6d896d56419b28b74cb7888cdb.jpg

hulkthe016_cov.jpg

Maybe its Red Annie-Hulk...

OrphanAnnie.jpg

Note the eyes... :o

They are trying to make her a mystery according to the panel and a Loeb interview, but I think it's pretty obvious that its Domino as seen from this panel in the book. Same exact outfit. Doesn't make it hard to guess. So I guess it's take a c-list character and use them as a stunt. Same old Marvel.... :sorry:

hulk14_page1.jpg

Actually, pretty clearly *not* the same outfit... unless She-Rulk is smaller than Domino.

The strap is under Domino's bosom while across She-Rulk's.

Also, one outfit is spotted while another is not.

And Domino has some seams across the bustier that aren't evident on She-Rulk's...

hulkthe016_cov.jpg

One fortunate thing about this outfit is the strength of the middle zipper..a few more of those lower "teeth" pop and the mag goes from mature to "R"!