• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The RAREST and most VALUABLE signature to possibly get on a Y THE LAST MAN #1

135 posts in this topic

SpideyFan is the WINNAH!!!! good job man. Par2ch got it also but didnt state the name but w/e heres an interesting link. Of me a guy I work with and

Dr. James D. Watson

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=b6085eaff8&view=att&th=122a907ee611507d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_fxhurnqb0&zw

I was soooo close tho dammit!! :makepoint:

This honestly might be the most remarkable and important SS Sig ever i really cant think of anyone else that could top it. he did discover the secret of life and evolution.

and lol tom watson plays golf !

Why the hell would you consider getting a microbiologist to sign a comic book important?

Why not get him to autograph one of the books he wrote?

I think getting Watson on Y The Last Man was a good idea. It makes sense to me. (thumbs u

Thanx for backing me up guys and DUH!!!! i cant get a text book SS'd and authenticated so now i probably and one of the only people on earth with authentic watson sigs those science books cant be authenticated

and brian hell yea thats a great read ive been reading about him for months he lives 4 towns away from me and 2 towns away from my restaurant i work at, he originally said hell no to signing 10 of anything but since my partner at work had heart surgery and he serves him at lunch maybe once every 2 weeks or so and heard about the surgery he said anything to make him feel better, and he didnt even ask questions he signed the books just cuz the double helix was on the cover in which i think is amazing enough.

the enders shadow battle school #2 has a kid at a school desk with science books piled in front of him and equations on the chalk board with the double helix in the middle and other important stuff on the cover he signed those all in black then the y the last man is the true ss book having watson sign it in silver on the last mans legs truly standing out, these might be the only authentic watson sigs in existence, i challenge anyone to prove a more important sig ever!!! these authors and artists dont come close to the guy who founded dna and created the double helix model this guy is a god compared to everyone else. IMHO but others probably see my point clearly

CGC is not the only autograph authentication in the whole world. Autographs have been collected and authenticated long before CGC even existed, and possibly even before comic books even existed.

I can recognize you wanting to obtain Watson's autograph because of his contributions to science, but I am still perplexed as to why you would have him autograph a comic book. I am surprised that he would even do it. Of course I can accept that you might want the autograph to be authenticated, but that making it the rarest and most valuable signature is a bit of a reach in my opinion.

I can understand why someone might seek a writer/artist or even an actor that portrayed a character that the comic book is about. But just to get a scientist to sign a copy of Y the Last Man comic that has some scientific themes (but he had no hand in creating) just seems kind of funny to me.

Not to rain on your parade, of course people will collect what they like, but I don't agree that Watsons sig on a copy of Y the Last Man would be the coolest thing since sliced bread, lol. I am certain that a signed 1st printing of the book that first published his groundbreaking work would be worth quite a bit more, regardless of it not having been authenticated by CGC...

This honestly might be the most remarkable and important SS Sig ever i really cant think of anyone else that could top it. he did discover the secret of life and evolution.

Uhh that was Darwin...

Darwin came up with the theory... Watson started the research project that actually unlocked the secrets of how it is possible :preach:

these might be the only authenticated by CGC watson sigs in existence,

fixed that for yas... Certainly the man has signed his autograph before. Those signatures would also be authentic.

i challenge anyone to prove a more important sig ever!!!

I guarantee that Neil Armstrong's genuine signature is worth more money than Dr Watson's. I also believe that it is more important.

Getting Watsons sig is still pretty cool though :applause:

Uhh that was Darwin...

Darwin came up with the theory... Watson started the research project that actually unlocked the secrets of how it is possible :preach:

cools... mebbe I need to read some Watson. Id still get him to sign a 1st edition of one of his books though.

Uhh that was Darwin...

Uhh, i think it was that guy was the Almighty JC!

Can I get an Amen?

:jokealert:

Disclaimer: Yes, I know there are people that don't believe in evolution. Yes, people love JC. Am I being insensitive? Look at my handle.

why would i get him to sign a book i cant authenticate

You can have books authenticated. I don't think you looked into authenticated autographs closely enough.

ive witnessed him sign books for fans at my place that werent authenticated and figuured why not have him sign stuff i can authenticate, before you talk mess i CHALLENGE you to come up with something better

THOMAS EDISON SIGNED 1883 LIGHT BULB PATENT ! PSA / DNA

and ive seen watson sign science text books and books he wrote they were not witnessed or authenticated so idk what your talking about if its not witnessed its not real. plan and simple!