• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Information about the auctions for Nik and his family

81 posts in this topic

There should be a moratorium on other sales for the duration of the auction.

100% in agreement. (thumbs u

And if you can't be bothered to show some respect...you get spammed with links to Nik's auctions. :whistle:

I made this suggestion earlier (not the spamming part mind you) but I think we ought to put it in the sales threads as an announcement and perhaps someone can just start a thread where we request no other sales in silver/gold, copper and mixed.

I was going to ask someone to please start a thread in the marketplace (each one) with a link, and keep it bumped tonight, after the auctions start at 7pm (Shin says EDT, but if you need a translator, it's EST ...yes, I know, Shin, it's Daylight savings :baiting::) Anyway, 7pm New York time;) .

But please let's keep everything respectful...no fighting, That's not the point

I was going to ask someone to please start a thread in the marketplace (each one) with a link, and keep it bumped tonight, after the auctions start at 7pm (Shin says EDT, but if you need a translator, it's EST ...yes, I know, Shin, it's Daylight savings :baiting::) Anyway, 7pm New York time;) .

I never fight, Sha. :whistle:

I agree that 90% of folk will not start sales threads and I also suspect that those who do will be our otherwise non-participating members.

Those folks I don't mind slightly upsetting and if I post to their thread with a link to Nik's stuff, it will actually be very tactful. (thumbs u

I can do tactful, you know! :sumo:

I agree that 90% of folk will not start sales threads and I also suspect that those who do will be our otherwise non-participating members.

Those folks I don't mind slightly upsetting and if I post to their thread with a link to Nik's stuff, it will actually be very tactful. (thumbs u

Yes, I do know;) but

If you don't, I still have access to Star's sack of doornobs;) :sumo:

I'm actually considering spamming the living *spoon* out of the Marketplace, directing all newly-started threads to Nik's auctions. hm

No offense but that's the dumbest thing to do!

I'm not going to be starting any auctions out of respect but I know if I did and someone spammed me with link to other sales I'd be pissed.

I think the mods notified button would get a workout.

Please don't

is there going to be a link ? or a thread in the forsale forum?

i got alittle bit of money to add a few books and i'd like to bid for this guys kids and wife

The books will be posted in the VCC forum, you can see the link at the top of the sales forum list, but I'm sure there will be some respectful links in the marketplace.

You can also check my posts here.

Thanks for posting, we need bidders most of all now...

and Please guys think of all the nice people and don't give the attention seeking oddballs the attention they are seeking....treat them the way you'd tell your kids to treat them, IGNORE them.

is there going to be a link ? or a thread in the forsale forum?

i got alittle bit of money to add a few books and i'd like to bid for this guys kids and wife

The books will be posted in the VCC forum, you can see the link at the top of the sales forum list, but I'm sure there will be some respectful links in the marketplace.

You can also check my posts here.

Thanks for posting, we need bidders most of all now...

and Please guys think of all the nice people and don't give the attention seeking oddballs the attention they are seeking....treat them the way you'd tell your kids to treat them, IGNORE them.

thanks i'llbe on tonight forsure to check this out

and i see the big picture about this..i mean good guy or not he passed away and somewhere there are kids without a father having to deal with this and a wife who doesnt know about anything about a comic book forum who missing her husband...and if i can buy something here HOPEFULLY ( with money im going to use on comics oneway or another) that can maybe help that family alittle than its just seems to be the right thing to do ya know.....its sad to hear about people who didnt like him talk neg about something thats really meant for his family...(who has nothing to do with why you would not like this guy )

just my .2cents

[When using Paypal, please try and use the personal tab. You can use a credit card and pay the fees yourself when using the personal tab, or you can use your bank account, if you have one linked.

I'd like to take part, but as a Canuck, I am not sure I can physically abide by these rules.

Like most non-US, I just have a CC attached to my Premier account, and I did a little test on Personal and didn't see the above options. Can a fellow Canadian help out?

Just pay and dont worry about it. It is better to have the money minus the fees than have nothing at all.

Though im sure you werent saying that Vince.

You could always send more to cover the Vig too :shrug:

[When using Paypal, please try and use the personal tab. You can use a credit card and pay the fees yourself when using the personal tab, or you can use your bank account, if you have one linked.

I'd like to take part, but as a Canuck, I am not sure I can physically abide by these rules.

Like most non-US, I just have a CC attached to my Premier account, and I did a little test on Personal and didn't see the above options. Can a fellow Canadian help out?

People are welcome to use the old way of paying, it's just a suggestion to save the fees, so please by all means, bid away and if you are more comfy with the old Paypal method...

just bid a little higher to cover the fees :baiting:

Thanks for pointing that out, btw:) I didn't know it was a problem.

You could add 3% or so to try to cover the fees. (thumbs u

Andy

Just pay and dont worry about it. It is better to have the money minus the fees than have nothing at all.

Sure, and I would have personally left out that segment for Paypal, but I'm not one to step on any toes in a case like this.

Nik has always been cool by me. (thumbs u

Personally, I see NO problem whatsoever with kindly posting a link to the thread and a polite request to support this community-driven activity so long as the one post is made and no arguments follow. This the CGC Forum Marketplace--not eBay or Heritage or Comic Link, etc. THAT is what makes this place stand apart--more than just a "free" place to sell one's comics. If someone chooses not to abide by the request, that is their choice. As for me, I'll be abiding by the request as a buyer.

I had a conversation a while back with a long-term board member about his feeling discouraged over the direction the boards had taken recently. Things like this THIS reaffirm to me that this place is still well worth the time I spend here talking to and getting to know others.

I'm going to break ranks and state that I disagree with any hijacking of existing sales threads, no matter how valid the reason. It's still against board policy, and I think we need to respect EVERYONE'S rights on here, not steamroll existing sales threads because we feel it's "the right thing to do".

The correct thing to do would be to PM these forum members and ask nicely if they would include a link to Nik's auctions.

Sure, and I would have personally left out that segment for Paypal, but I'm not one to step on any toes in a case like this.

Nik has always been cool by me. (thumbs u

You can step on my toes anytime, Vince;) I'm a Libra...I'll forget about it 5 minutes later;)

besides, sometimes you even come up with a useful suggestion...:baiting: that's what PMs are for;)