• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

san diego & todd mcfarlane

64 posts in this topic

My mispellings are usually due to typos and haste. I think that is true for many of the ones we see in emails and massages. I don't bother to correct people if I get their meaning. Unless it happens to be funny.

:baiting:

Oh yes, I am glad McFarlane showed up at SDCC. I hope he signed my MCC books

hey you know what. :censored: your spelling rules

Some people have english as a second language and I can't stand these arrogant people that go around pointing out mistakes with this air of self importance

Yes bad spelling is annoying but there is no point in putting someone down because of it

:signofftopic:rantrant

lol I teach ESL students so I know it's possible for anyone to do well if they take their time ;)

Regardless, you'll note that if you see my prev. post, I wasn't harping on those who make some mistakes but pointing out the problem with those whose writing is SO unintelligible that the mechanical errors get in the way of people understanding the point--a far cry from some spelling mistakes. Heck! I continually misuse dashes "-" and ellipses "..." throughout my posts here just because I feel they provide a more realistic representation of conversation. Just take enough time and care so you can best represent your ideas is all I'm suggesting.

As many a homebrewer will say, "Relax and have a beer" (thumbs u

Some people have english as a second language and I can't stand these arrogant people that go around pointing out mistakes with this air of self importance

Yes bad spelling is annoying but there is no point in putting someone down because of it

:golfclap:

lol I teach ESL students so I know it's possible for anyone to do well if they take their time ;)

Regardless, you'll note that if you see my prev. post, I wasn't harping on those who make some mistakes but pointing out the problem with those whose writing is SO unintelligible that the mechanical errors get in the way of people understanding the point--a far cry from some spelling mistakes. Heck! I continually misuse dashes "-" and ellipses "..." throughout my posts here just because I feel they provide a more realistic representation of conversation. Just take enough time and care so you can best represent your ideas is all I'm suggesting.

Not really a big fan of that word but whatever. I understand what you're trying to say Mac. My post wasn't directed at you anyways but at that meathead pirate. Todays Sunday so I've decided to relax with a coke instead (thumbs u

Not really a big fan of that word but whatever. I understand what you're trying to say Mac. My post wasn't directed at you anyways but at that meathead pirate. Todays Sunday so I've decided to relax with a coke instead (thumbs u

That's meat head and today's. I have no sympathy for you. Your post above explains all I need to know about you.

That's meat head and today's. I have no sympathy for you. Your post above explains all I need to know about you.

So that's what you do all day, read people's post's and judge them?

Anyway, I'm done with this topic. To follow my co-defender I'm having a coke and will enjoy the rest of my Sunday.

Some people have english as a second language and I can't stand these arrogant people that go around pointing out mistakes with this air of self importance. Yes bad spelling is annoying but there is no point in putting someone down because of it

Your sig line and bashing other peoples spelling explains all I need to know about you lol

Man... I wish Todd would have been more available and not intimidated the SS witnesses from getting siggies for us. Obviously, that's not really Todd's fault as it's the sheer number of his fans that keep knocking down the doors for more sigs. Still, I've got about 6 more comics he worked on that I am really hoping to get him to sign some day. :wishluck:

But yeah, can't wait to see what the rest of you pulled in for signatures and pics!

Some people have english as a second language and I can't stand these arrogant people that go around pointing out mistakes with this air of self importance. Yes bad spelling is annoying but there is no point in putting someone down because of it

Your sig line and bashing other peoples spelling explains all I need to know about you lol

Apparently you can't read either, go check out my first post and read it slowly. All I said was don't use big words if you can't spell them, it wasn't pointed at anyone. Same as not using big words in speech if you don't know the meaning.

I hate to say it, but that's reasonable. He makes a nice signature and it keeps the demand alive.

(shrug)

As for the spelling thing, I'm with the teachers on this one. I base my decisions on the people I will deal with on how they present themselves on the boards. If it's barely legible, why would I assume they can do any better with an address or grading?