• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a good year for finding local comic collections?

7 posts in this topic

This year, I had two great craigslist finds. I just went to an estate sale on Friday and found another lot of DC teen humor titles. I know that many here shun purchasing lots but for me I love them.

The first craigslist one was almost a 100 DC BA issues of small consecutive runs on given titles. Really poor condition but very readable and enjoyable for me nonetheless. It was a good and economical way of reading BA titles that I don't collect but have always wanted to read. Plus I prefer to read the issues over the trade. I love read the letter columns and getting a sense of history from that time period.

The next one was just finding my BoP #8 issue now if I can only grab the rest of Dixon's run on that series.

The latest acquisition is basically a non-super-hero lot with mainly DC titles but some Archie’s and a couple of Harveys and Gold Key issues. The great thing is that it comes at a time when I want read material outside of the super-hero genre.

Is anyone else picking up some great finds locally as well?

It has been for me, I recently got two short boxes full of Archies from the early 60's, and I got a short box of War comics-mainly GI Combat and Weird War Tales. Then it's been people selling off chunks but not their entire collections per say, however it's increased my inventory and added to my personel collection as well. I found a box full of comics at a garage sale, which I gave them $20 for and all I know is it has DC's Claw 1 and 2 on top, saving the rest for plundering later.

It has been for me, I recently got two short boxes full of Archies from the early 60's, and I got a short box of War comics-mainly GI Combat and Weird War Tales. Then it's been people selling off chunks but not their entire collections per say, however it's increased my inventory and added to my personel collection as well. I found a box full of comics at a garage sale, which I gave them $20 for and all I know is it has DC's Claw 1 and 2 on top, saving the rest for plundering later.

So you have not looked at the box yet? That's the fun part. Bringing home the stash and looking at the ones you missed the first time around. Mine fines are mainly in the BA era which is great because that is what I am currently reading.

Peek in the box and post back. :grin: