• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuff of Legend #1

240 posts in this topic

Just finished reading it - at first i thought the writing was a little stiff, but really loved it once the toys made the jump into the dark - love the jester's look - nice book - any idea on the print run for the 1st edition regular print-

Wow, I picked up 3 but no 9.8 either - probably a 9.6, but the lower left corner was an issue on all of the stock the LCS had - I left 2 sitting on the shelf because the corner was just a bit messed up

I was able to slip in and get one of the sketch editions before it sold out. :)

Does anyone know if any of the original art is going to be for sale? I couldn't find an email anywhere for Charles Paul Wilson III to ask him if the art was going to be available. If anyone knows who I should try contacting I would really appreciate it. :)

Kyle

I talked to Charles at the Westboro show on Sunday, as he had all the art there including the covers. He said it's being hashed out between him and the publisher....So for now, everything is on hold. He doesn't have a rep, I asked.

It looks okay. I checked out the FCBD issue online and it doesn't really fit my style. I usually like to have a little more color, even though the theme in this case works well with a more bland color.

pretty sure the "value" of these will plummet once they do a second print and with them selling for $10-$20 on ebay, i suspect they'll do a second print.

that, of course, won't stop me from wasting my money on it right now.

but at least it seems more than likely that a #2 will come out.

OTOH, I think it's cool that they do a comic with a 6K print-run.

a 2d print may hurt the price in the short-term

then again, if this is another mouseguard type book or gets turned into a movie, the sky is almost the limit on a book with a 6K print-run (well, within reason at least)

so i'm torn on whether to read it tonight and list it and recoup my outlay and maybe make a couple of bucks or hold it longer term to see how it pans out. i guess this would be worth the intellectual effort I've put into it so far if I was mulling over what to do with 100 copies, not 1 copy.

watching a couple on ebay - one at $15.36 with 7 hours to go and 7 bidders - both books that I am watching have that tick mark in the lower left corner - I think the 6 that I was looking at at my LCS sufferred in part because of the size book and the fact that at first they just placed them on the shelf unprotected - eventually they bagged them without a board

the website did announce a...

Due to the popularity of the first volume of the Boogeyman Edition which was limited to 100 copies and sold out rapidly we have decided to print a second version of the book with a different cover, this cover will feature the pencils to the original Boogeyman Edition. This book will be limited to 500 copies. Each copy will be numbered just as with the original books, only there will be a lot more of them.

490 still left at $15 besides the first 100 copy variant of the Boogeyman edition there is also the larry's comics variant and the artistedition of number 1 - Last I checked Larry's was still selling their variant for $15

just saw an auction for the 100 copy Boogeyman version at $41 with 3 days left - and the FCBD is doing well also - and I missed FCBD because the daughter was ill - oh well