• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My SDCC Art Experience

9 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Wow, what a show! It felt far more packed than last year. It was a pretty good year for me, missed out on a few sketches but made up for it with some great purchases. I was able to get sketches from Ryan Ottley, Jason Howard, Rob Guillory, and Cliff Rathburn. I really enjoy Invincible, Chew, and most any Kirkman title, so thats why I chose to get these sketches, that and these guys are as nice as can be.

Sketches I missed out on were Steve Epting, and Leinil Yu. SDCC is not the best place to get a sketch from top artists, but it still was a ton of fun.

The one thing I did this year was I told the artists to draw whatever they want, just have fun with it. It was great because they were all really shocked I didnt have a specific request, and I think they really enjoyed the freedom to bust out whatever came to their head.

The big pieces that I purchased at the show included the cover to Chew #3, a cover from one of my favorite series which I cant share just yet, and the final piece, the biggest piece of all, a beautiful Lara Croft piece by Adam Hughes!!

Chew 3 Cover by Rob Guillory

Lara Croft by Adam Hughes

I apologize for having to link the pics, but I couldnt get all the pics to work in my post. Comments are always greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading about my time in SDCC, and I look forward to all the stories from the rest of you.

Tyler

THanks guys! Yea that Chew cover was actually a bit of a shocker. I had agreed to buy it before SDCC, and after the agreement I kinda had a little buyers remorse, but man once i got it in hand, wow it really does look awesome in person. So I am pretty pleased with the buy.

The Hughes pieces was almost an impulse buy. I saw it on preview night, and most all the pieces he had were already sold before the doors opened. So I thought about it, and it was still there Saturday morning, I have no idea how thats possible, but I am so glad it was still there. Needless to say I snatched it up and drove back to Vegas a happy man. Thanks for reading my little experience, It was a blast.