• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trey Cannon's on going thread

106 posts in this topic

I have caught enough critisism for posting different topics . So I decided that I woould just create one thread that I can post what ever I may want to know or discuss in and not have to post more than one thread. So here it is.

My SDCC experince . Had a blast met some of the guys at CGC. I bought the following books

Adventure Comics #283/ Air Pirates #1/ Sgt Fury & His Howling Commandos #13/ Tales of Suspense #58/ Batman #18.

I got the following Sketchs at the Con

Joker Sketch signed by Jerry Robinson

Captain America Sketch on a Fallen Son by Gene Colan CGC SS

A cool Harley Quinn Sketch

General Zod sketch by Francis Manapul

Steve Epting Red Skull Sketch on Fallen Son

Randy Emberlin Sketch of Captain America

Amazing Spider-Man #298 signed by Todd McFarlane 9.6 CGC SS

Picked up the Black and White Captain America Variant Exclusive 3 3/4 inch figure and the 70th anniversary 4 figure set

sounds like some awesome stuff you got done at the show dude!

The only thing better than what you've typed would be pics!!

I was unable to take pictures at the show because the airline lost one of my bags that had the camera in it :pullhair: . However I will try and take some of the books and sketchs I got. I will be about a month or so on the Gene Colan sketch as I submitted it at the CGC booth Kevin saw it as did several other CGC employees Also on the Mcfarlane book .

I really wanted to get a General Zod Sketch done by any of the Artist in Artist alley funny thing was none of them knew what Zod looked like. I couldn't believe that I was shocked (shrug) the only guy that would attempt it was Francis Manapul which his sketch resembles the General Zod from the Last Son series. I even told them I wanted the sketch done like the Superman II movie as Terance Stamp portrayed the Kryptonion Dictator. Still no takers. I would have paid good money for it but oh well maybe next time lol

Well, even though it's a Superman movie, it's also almost 30 years old. While I'm sure most artists have seen it, odds are pretty good they haven't seen it recently. It's always a good idea to bring reference material for artists.

Well, even though it's a Superman movie, it's also almost 30 years old. While I'm sure most artists have seen it, odds are pretty good they haven't seen it recently. It's always a good idea to bring reference material for artists.
good advice I think i will do that next time

I really wanted to get a General Zod Sketch done by any of the Artist in Artist alley funny thing was none of them knew what Zod looked like. I couldn't believe that I was shocked (shrug) the only guy that would attempt it was Francis Manapul which his sketch resembles the General Zod from the Last Son series. I even told them I wanted the sketch done like the Superman II movie as Terance Stamp portrayed the Kryptonion Dictator. Still no takers. I would have paid good money for it but oh well maybe next time lol

You would have had the same response from the artists if you asked for a sketch of Barbarella.

General Zod is indeed old. That disco eurotrash look was old the day I saw it in the theatre.

Check the old comic book and maybe you will find the name of an artist who worked on the book with General Zod and then you target him ,by mail or by con appearance, and you'll get the sketch you want

So, did you dress up for the con, Trey?

One thread with all your posts. Brilliant concept hm

Might have been I can't remember if I bought them at the same place or not

I bought one earlier in the day and the Sgt Fury later I got the SGt Fury for 80.00 if that helps any ?? I know I stopped at all of the booths so I'm sure someone on here saw me lol

You would have had the same response from the artists if you asked for a sketch of Barbarella.

General Zod is indeed old. That disco eurotrash look was old the day I saw it in the theatre.

Check the old comic book and maybe you will find the name of an artist who worked on the book with General Zod and then you target him ,by mail or by con appearance, and you'll get the sketch you want

So, did you dress up for the con, Trey?

One thread with all your posts. Brilliant concept hm

No I did not dress up. I wore some comic character T-Shirts and Star Wars T-Shirts

I hung out pretty much all day at the shop discussing SDCC and I got a CGC update I just got back my Amazing Spider-Man #593 9.8 Not nothing impressive . However, considering I received #594,#595,#596, #597 before I got the #593 it was a big deal.Still waiting on 22 other books. Including the ones I submited at SDCC . I will post a picture of the Gene Colan sketch cover when it comes back because so many of you want to see it.

I found out three of the books I got from SDCC had been tampered with . 1 Had amatuer restoration and 1 had been pressed and the other had an AD page removed :frustrated: None of which were labeled as Restored or Qualified or Pressed

forgot to mention I got a Batman #227 signed by neal adams at SDCC

I am wanting to get a Sketch of General Zod as he is protrayed in the Superman II movie with some modification from the Last Son Donner Comics Action #844-846 . So I have two questions I hope you guys can help me out with.

First, Which artist would you think would be the best to get this done? I was thinking someone who had actually done work on Zod or Superman

Second, How can you get a commission Sketch if you can't make it to a convention? Do the artist have webpages where you can order?

Thanks

Trey

Dude! Trey, where've you been, man?

I went to SDCC

Since everyone gave me a hard time about posting multiple topics in the general discussion thread i decided that I am only going to post in this one thread for all general discussion questions thoughts or anything i feel like writing so i don't take up alot of real estate