• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Strange Tales 111-125

19 posts in this topic

I'm looking for most issues of Strange Tales 111-125 in CGC 9.0 or better condition. Books need to have Off-White or better pages, with nice eye appeal.

In most cases I will pay well over the NM guide price for 9.0 copies and off course much more for 9.2 or higher copies.

If you have any for sale PM.

Thanks,

Steve

They're impossible to find. I've been stuck at just 3 issues for months now. The ones I do find are extremely overpriced.

I'm REALLY looking forward to starting my 101-109 run.. that'll be really easy.. (sarcasm)

Brian

They're impossible to find. I've been stuck at just 3 issues for months now. The ones I do find are extremely overpriced.

I'm REALLY looking forward to starting my 101-109 run.. that'll be really easy.. (sarcasm)

Early Silver-Age in NM 9.4, extremely overpriced.

You must be kidding? (More sarcasm)

Murph, it's not that Cream to Off-White pages really affend me (I buy plenty of GA or Pre-Hero books with them), but as a poll I did along time ago showed:

Many collectors won't buy a book with Cream to Off-White pages. Especially Silver-Age and up.

Since there are literally hundreds of books I want, there is no reason to lower my standards at this time.

In most cases I will pay well over the NM guide price for 9.0 copies and off course much more for 9.2 or higher copies.

As a fellow FF fan, I wish you the best of luck. Even though JIMs and FFs have been getting a lot of press on these boards about how tough they are in high grade, the Torch run in Strange Tales is without peer in degree of difficulty when trying to locate in NM.

I hope you are a patient man. wink.gif

Even nice reading copies of a few STs are hard to get.I've been putting together a VGish run of 101-129 for someone and its taking alot longer than I thought. Anyone have decent Vgs of 101,107,109,and 117 they want to sell at semi-resonable prices?

Can't imagine trying to do that in HG.

No doubt this is a tough run to get. If I could find one nice copy every month or two, that would be OK.

I also collect L.B. Cole covers in CGC VF or better and that's even tougher. Some of the books I want don't even have a copy graded that high yet.

The reason I'm trying to do a HG run is because I do have readers of that whole series and they are excellent. Most of the covers are very nice as well, but there are some really bad ones in there too.

Brian

I've been looking at Strange Tales for about a year now, mostly because many of the covers and stories are such prime examples of Marvel's Silver Age strengths.

I too sought some ST in high grade before giving up on every issue except #106 and #108 (two full FF covers). Paid roughly 3x Guide for NM- 9.2 copies, and considered it a fair deal.

I think PGC Mint has a couple beauties in the museum, however; awesome to look at!

Also, Marnin has a raw #106 graded NM on his site for $700, I think.

Dan

I've managed thus far to come up with the following 9.4's for my run.. 123, 128, and 133. A lot of these books in this run are going to be next to impossible to find. And if they do show up, they'll get bid to high heaven. I could be fighting a losing cause here. frown.gif

Brian