• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What have I missed.???

17 posts in this topic

Just got back in town from a family emergency (been gone almost 3 weeks foreheadslap.gif).

Have I missed any good fights or intellectual postings?

P.S. Greggy your package #2 is finally mailed today. Sorry about the delay but couldn't be helped.

Rich

Honestly, and I'm as much at fault, but the discussions on this board have been pretty lame for the past few months.

No Hammer vs. Everyone debates.

No gman vs Shuley debates.

Haven't seen a good Hulk #181 (overvalued or The only book to own) debate.

Even the scams on eBay are getting too easy to spot (5 feedback seller with one negative selling ASM #1 in NM).

Just got back in town from a family emergency (been gone almost 3 weeks foreheadslap.gif).

Rich

I hope everything is alright. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks ACE for asking, had my best friend of 30 + years pass away and had problems dealing with but things are getting better. Someone posted around christmas time about a loss and telling everyone to hug their kids and tell them you love them. Well do it to all your friends and family, because you just don't know when they will be called to heaven. Steve was just 38 and in perfect health who would of thought a freak scubba accident would take someones life so young when he has been diving for over 20 years now. The worst part is it happened on a family vacation and he left behind a great wife and 3 little girls. Anyhow thanks again ACE I'm posting something just for you in the market.

Rich

That sucks. Its not supposed to work out that way...

What happened, if you dont mind discussing it......

No one knows for sure what caused the accident. They were in Florida on vacation and he went out scuba diving like he does all the time. I guess his wife and daugthers were on the beach and 2 other guys were diving with him. After about 20 minutes of diving the 2 friends came up but no Steve. (The tanks we always use are 1/2hr tanks with 15min reserve tank.) They went back to find him and when they did he was just floating near the bottom around 30ft. No injuries were found no sign of struggle. Autopsy report showed no heart problems or anything unusual. Went into books as a freak accident. His tanks and hoses were also checked and no faulty equipment. He still had air in his main back up tank. Just one of those things I put down in my memory so when I meet the maker I can ask why?

Rich,

I'm the hug your kids guy. I'm very sorry for your loss. Sometimes it's hardest when there's no explanation. It seems like such a waste. So random. Like fate just decided to throw something awful in his direction.

I'll be thinking of you, his friend, and his wife and kids. It's at times like these that we don't live one day at at time, but one breath at a time.

Jeff

Rich,

I'm the hug your kids guy. I'm very sorry for your loss. Sometimes it's hardest when there's no explanation. It seems like such a waste. So random. Like fate just decided to throw something awful in his direction.

I'll be thinking of you, his friend, and his wife and kids. It's at times like these that we don't live one day at at time, but one breath at a time.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks, It sure has made me open my eyes. I always have showed my wife and kids plenty of love but like everyone else I too fall in to a routine. But I will not let that happen anymore.

Rich

Rich,

I take this all to heart, as I have a loving wife and two beautiful dauhgters. The thought that we could suddenly not be together, as a family, just makes the heart feel heavy. God can only know how his wife and kids feel actually having to live in this reality. Please take as much condolence as you can since I'm just words on a MB, but thanked God for the blessing that is my family, and I tell them "I love you" quite often. My oldest will be three in March, and has just begun to say "I love You" of her own tuition and to say "I love you to" sweetest words I've heard in my lifetime. Godspeed to your friend, and you and he will meet again. Peace-CC.

Rich,I done't know you ,but that is terrible what happened to your FRIEND! It makes us realize how fragile & precious life really is! We sometimes forget how much we love someone & we should never forget until their taken from our lives do we really know how much we loved them.GOD BLESS YOUR FRIEND & his FAMILY! MY Sincere Condolences! RAY!