• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OFFICIAL $100,000+ Auction & Sales Thread

149 posts in this topic

In Pedigree's latest newsletter, Doug states that a TOS #39 "9.4 copy recently sold privately for a record sum of $118,000."

But who knows if it was an all-cash or trade deal? Hell, I traded a $250,000 Spawn #1 recently for 1 $125,000 Wildcats #1 and 1 $125,000 Youngblood #1. I`m just waiting for Scoop to report the "sale" of the Spawn #1.

As it appears that there will be a 9.4 TOS 39 in Pedigree`s upcoming November auction (how convenient that Doug is able to report a $118K private sale having happened just before), let`s see how that goes to get a slightly better gauge on market price.

I hate private deals. I mean, I don't. More power to people for getting books sold, but I hate them for data. Will I record this number?

Yes.

Do I like it?

No.

Private deals and especially private cash/trade deals makes me snarl.

For a TOS 39 in 9.4? A 9.2 recently sold for 50K. Somebody really wanted that book

Really, that's a reasonable spread. I still would rather see the book sell at auction for a record price but 50k for a 9.2 to 118k for a 9.4 is almost by the book.

In Pedigree's latest newsletter, Doug states that a TOS #39 "9.4 copy recently sold privately for a record sum of $118,000."

But who knows if it was an all-cash or trade deal? Hell, I traded a $250,000 Spawn #1 recently for 1 $125,000 Wildcats #1 and 1 $125,000 Youngblood #1. I`m just waiting for Scoop to report the "sale" of the Spawn #1.

As it appears that there will be a 9.4 TOS 39 in Pedigree`s upcoming November auction (how convenient that Doug is able to report a $118K private sale having happened just before), let`s see how that goes to get a slightly better gauge on market price.

I hate private deals. I mean, I don't. More power to people for getting books sold, but I hate them for data. Will I record this number?

Yes.

Do I like it?

No.

Just asterisk them indicating that it's a reported, unverified private deal.

For a TOS 39 in 9.4? A 9.2 recently sold for 50K. Somebody really wanted that book

Really, that's a reasonable spread. I still would rather see the book sell at auction for a record price but 50k for a 9.2 to 118k for a 9.4 is almost by the book.

Yes, but another 9.2 just sold on ComicConnect for only $30,650. So then an almost 4X spread for a 9.4 seems downright silly, particularly considering that a 9.4 doesn't even put you at the top of the census, but behind 2 9.6 copies and tied with at least 4 other 9.4 copies.

Yes, but another 9.2 just sold on ComicConnect for only $30,650. So then an almost 4X spread for a 9.4 seems downright silly, particularly considering that a 9.4 doesn't even put you at the top of the census, but behind 2 9.6 copies and tied with at least 4 other 9.4 copies.

Agreed.

:cool:

Yes.

Do I like it?

No.

Just asterisk them indicating that it's a reported, unverified private deal.

Yeah, I always note it.

Ouch. I retract my reasonable tone :insane:

Ouch. I retract my reasonable tone :insane:

Most likely it was a 9.4 with like-bleached-bone white pages, gotta-see-it-in-person to believe structure, impossibly tight spine, laser sharp diamond corners, and more likely a 9.55 grade if there ever were one.

...so maybe the 118k makes sense?

are you guys sure a 9.2 sold for only 30K? Because there have been numerous 25K sales of 9.0s lately... so only 9.2 for a 9.2 must be a typo, or have another 'splanation.

It was in the ComicConnect auction that just ended last month! :makepoint:

are you guys sure a 9.2 sold for only 30K? Because there have been numerous 25K sales of 9.0s lately... so only 9.2 for a 9.2 must be a typo, or have another 'splanation.

I see that the 9.4 TOS 39 in the Pedigree auction is already over $100K.

Boy, $100K is like the new $30-40K, because that's what these 9.4 Marvel keys were selling for the last time they were coming on the market. And now $200K seems to be the new meaningful benchmark.

It would be interesting to see what a 9.4 JIM 83 would go for now.

I see that the 9.4 TOS 39 in the Pedigree auction is already over $100K.

Boy, $100K is like the new $30-40K, because that's what these 9.4 Marvel keys were selling for the last time they were coming on the market. And now $200K seems to be the new meaningful benchmark.

It would be interesting to see what a 9.4 JIM 83 would go for now.

Wow. I didn't think it would break $100K. I'd love to see what a JIM #83 would sell for.

That makes the Mound City X-men #1 sound like it went for a good price relatively speaking.

I've always thought that X-men #1 was a "bigger" book than TOS #39.

BTW, X-men #1 final hammer price was $106,050 w/BP.

R.

yeah, to a seasoned collector who appreciates that stuff. But until Thor sells 300M tickets whenever the movie comes out, or Iron Man 2 bombs, you gotta give the edge to Iron Man right now as a bigger deal and safer haven for your 100K.