• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Grader's notes "Bubblicious Insert" ????

42 posts in this topic

I think the Dude figured it out.

Those comics are both from 1983, Thor 336 is from OCT specifically.

MyComicShop lists an Amazing Spider-man #245-Bubble with a Bubblicious insert. And guess what year and month it's from?? MyComicShop doesn't notate the bubblicious insert on the Thor 336.

It would be interesting to see if any other Marvel comics from October 1983 have the bubblicious insert.

Other marvels from OCT 1983:

X-men 174.

Alpha Flight 3 or 4,

What If Submariner 41,

Avengers 236,

Capt. America 286,

Cloak & Dagger 1,

Conan 151,

Daredevil 199,

Defenders 124,

Doctor Strange 61,

FF 259,

Indian Jones 10,

GI Joe 16,

Hawkeye 2.

Incredible Hulk 288

Iron Man 175

Kazar the Savage 28

Marvel Tales 156

New Mutants 8

Most of these have Mark Jeweler insert version as well.

MyComicShop lists an Amazing Spider-man #245-Bubble with a Bubblicious insert. And guess what year and month it's from?? MyComicShop doesn't notate the bubblicious insert on the Thor 336.

It would be interesting to see if any other Marvel comics from October 1983 have the bubblicious insert.

X-men 174. Alpha Flight 3 or 4, What If Submariner 41, Avengers 236

My other copy of Thor 336 looks identical but has no evidence of any Bubblicious Insert being included at any time.

So it might be sporadically included in some of the issues. While my other copy of 336 doesn't appear to have it, I can imagine that some kids saw this insert and removed it, some to use the coupon for the free cassette.

Oh what!?!? I thought if you opened the little white tab it had gum in it. Disappointing...

If it will make you feel better, there are comics with Kool-Aid pouch inserts.

You have to chew it and live tweet us while it is happening!

It isn't gum, just an insert for an offer to get a free cassette tape

Did you send away for the tape?

Rickdogg and 01TheDude.....I'm assuming that both of your Bubblicious copies are Newsstand copies just like the Mark Jewelers insert books?

p7JqL19l.jpg

I don't think they are-- neither of my Thor 336 has a bar code on it (just the Spider-man head). So I don't think these are news stand. And both of my copies of Thor 336 have the same cover. I don't know much about the whole transition from news stand to direct edition as that happened after I stopped collecting.

Oh what!?!? I thought if you opened the little white tab it had gum in it. Disappointing...

If it will make you feel better, there are comics with Kool-Aid pouch inserts.

Really? Which issues? I must find one and try it. I bet it is fine though...

X-men 174.

Alpha Flight 3 or 4,

What If Submariner 41,

Avengers 236,

Capt. America 286,

Cloak & Dagger 1,

Conan 151,

Daredevil 199,

Defenders 124,

Doctor Strange 61,

FF 259,

Indian Jones 10,

GI Joe 16,

Hawkeye 2.

Incredible Hulk 288

Iron Man 175

Kazar the Savage 28

Marvel Tales 156

New Mutants 8

Most of these have Mark Jeweler insert version as well.

I can confirm Bubblicious inserts in X-Men 174 and FF 259. :)

I almost didn't get this Bubbalicious insert -- I bought a group of Thors and asked if the guy had a 335 instead of the 336 since I had that one already. Luckily he didn't or I would never have seen this. Thanks also to the page count thread for making me be diligent about counting my pages.

Not sure if they are worth more but if these ever take off like Mark Jewelers-- you never know.

I almost didn't get this Bubbalicious insert -- I bought a group of Thors and asked if the guy had a 335 instead of the 336 since I had that one already. Luckily he didn't or I would never have seen this. Thanks also to the page count thread for making me be diligent about counting my pages.

Not sure if they are worth more but if these ever take off like Mark Jewelers-- you never know.

Why would they? There have been tons of stupid advertising inserts in comics over the years. Even MJ inserts are a small niche.

Nobody cared about this thread or this particular insert 12 years ago and I'm guessing you originally bumped this thread because it was the only reference you could find.

Rickdogg and 01TheDude.....I'm assuming that both of your Bubblicious copies are Newsstand copies just like the Mark Jewelers insert books?

They were inserted in both types. I have several copies of Uncanny X-Men #174 with the inserts. 6 of them are Direct Market copies. One of them is a Newsstand copy. 20150816_0108151_zpsdxz936ja.jpg

97610e52-043e-494d-a8a3-f081eb364adb_zpsrncirmec.jpg

Why would they? There have been tons of stupid advertising inserts in comics over the years. Even MJ inserts are a small niche.

Nobody cared about this thread or this particular insert 12 years ago and I'm guessing you originally bumped this thread because it was the only reference you could find.

not exactly sure what I did wrong.

Nothing. Don't worry about it

They were inserted in both types. I have several copies of Uncanny X-Men #174 with the inserts. 6 of them are Direct Market copies. One of them is a Newsstand copy. 20150816_0108151_zpsdxz936ja.jpg

So all of these have the thin white insert at the inside front of the comic just like theDude showed on page 2?

So all of these have the thin white insert at the inside front of the comic just like theDude showed on page 2?

Yes.

(shrug) Nothing wrong. I was just saying that even the most popular inserts are a tiny niche and there's nothing significant about the Bubblicious insert to distinguish it from all the other advertising inserts that have been stuck in our comics over the years. Again, I assume this thread is the only reference you could find.

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of inserts. Since the vast majority are not full wraps, they just end up causing bulges, bends, indentations, creases and handling problems.

What the hell are you talking about? tongue.gif

Brian

10,000 posts in two years and then he -- apparently -- left. I wonder if that round number seemed like a good one to sign off on? hm