• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTORS WHO FIT THE ROLE TO PLAY SUPER HEROES?

53 posts in this topic

Don't know if Ryan Reynolds is mid level any more.

He looks to me as if he's becoming the new Ben Affleck. :gossip:

Not even close, and Reynolds has been a bit player in all his funny book movies, and even a co-star in many of his recent ones. I can't think of a single big-budget tentpole that he's headlined....

But that could all change, and he would enter Ben Affleck-circa 1998-2004 territory, IF both the Green Lantern and Deadpool movies make bank.

Personally speaking, I find him kind of goofy-likeable, in a rom-com or pure comedy kind of way, and I think that's where his future lies. But it's a real stretch to have him leading a $200 million funny book franchise.

Reynolds is currently viewed as an emerging potential headliner which is probably why he got the role. Personally speaking as a GL fan, I don't see the fit right now but I am not calling the shots. He is likeable and a good Canadian boy, but I will have a hard time taking him seriously after watching him get beaten on by a she-vampire and her poodle in Blade 3. :roflmao:

I think Bruce Willis would make a great Nick Fury, they should use the guys from Smallville for Superman and Green Arrow. And I think with the proper coaching Reynolds could be a pretty good Hal Jordan.

I know I know I've said it before,

And from all of you I've heard it some more,

He ain't big enough, bad enough or smart enough.

Regardless in Troy he looked pretty tough.

So to me Brad Pitt would make the best Thor.

:insane:

I would have liked the choice of Alexander Skarsgard who currently stars in the HBO series "True Blood" as the vampire sheriff. Supposedly, he was on the short list of choices for Thor.

alexander_skarsgard3-500x332.jpg

I concur, and first predicted skaarsgard here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=2806144&Searchpage=1&Main=145221&Words=thor+lookwhoitis&topic=0&Search=true#Post2806144

I am so unhappy they didnt pick him, I could cry :cry: ... but if I did that I might not get into Valhalla, so I wont :sumo:

I concur

You have great taste in acting choices for sure. (thumbs u

I am so unhappy they didnt pick him, I could cry :cry: ... but if I did that I might not get into Valhalla, so I wont :sumo:

:roflmao:

clint as an older bruce wayne in a batman beyond flick.

zeta jones as wonder woman's mother with possibly jolie as ww?

brad pitt as steve rogers/captain america

megan fox as wonder girl with laboof as robin in a teen tians flick

russell crowe...still thinking of this one.

Jason Statham could play every superhero ever and I would never find him boring or tiresome. :cloud9:

JC said the same exact thing. What's with that?

Almost every movie hes in is over the top action, ect. He does his own stunts, and he's really hot. I'll only assume that JC would agree with me on that. :insane:

I mean, look at him!

3361853268_cd467d720a.jpg

Put some pointy ears on him and have him play The Absorbing Man in the Thor flick, and Lauren could watch him with his shirt off for the WHOLE movie!