• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 10 DC COVERS.....Nominations for a poll

204 posts in this topic

All American Men of War 94

All Star Western 102

Brave and the Bold #18

Brave and the Bold #44

GI Combat 78

GI Combat 87

Our Army at War 100

Our Army at War 112

Our Fighting Forces 71

Star Spangled War Stories 138

Although I love DCs, I would be the first to admit that they didn't generate a lot of great covers
:screwy:

A good way to look is to use this link. http://www.dcindexes.com/timemachine/releasedate.php?year=1956&month=8

I should have qualified that I only meant superhero books.

I just don't think DC had a lot of great superhero covers. If I put my list of favorite SA covers together, there would probably be only 1 or 2 DC covers in there. (shrug)

Although I love DCs, I would be the first to admit that they didn't generate a lot of great covers

A good way to look is to use this link. http://www.dcindexes.com/timemachine/releasedate.php?year=1956&month=8

I just don't think DC had a lot of great superhero covers. If I put my list of favorite SA covers together, there would probably be only 1 or 2 DC covers in there. (shrug)

here is one of my favorites: or is it too old?

9.6???!!! Is that real?

I was thinking the same thing. Is that yours Dover? Crazy nice.

If I put my ten favorite SA covers together there would probably be 9 kirbys and he just happened to work for marvel is all. But there were bucket loads of incredible DC SA covers too, come on!!! Can't believe you're saying this :)

I figured that since I'm familiar with your superhero bias. :baiting:

So I stand by my :screwy:

Here are my nods.

Star spangled War Stories #138- I really feel this cover is the most pulsating, evocative,emotive cover from DC's Silver Age

G.I. Combat #78 - Gripping x10

G.I. Combat #91 -THE COLORS!

Rex the Wonder Dog #31- This is Call of the Wild action

Our Fighting Forces #49- The greens on a nice copy of this just pull you in, and Pooch kick butt

Showcase #3- Brilliant gray wash frogman cover

Showcase #28- Heath Gray Wash cover w/Tiki scuba divers! This really has a realistic underwater feel.

It's Gametime #4 - Ultimate in whimsical goodness

My Greatest Adventure #17- Indiana Jones anyone?

Flash #121- Between the colors and perspective of this cover, there is really some 3-D feel to this bad boy

Here's 10 of my favourite DC war covers. You'll have to excuse me, as this is all I really collect, I can't really comment on other books outside of this genre. For me, it's difficult choosing the top 10 of these war books, so I can understand how difficult it is to choose the top 10 overall DC covers.

Here we go:

All American Men Of War #94

G. I. Combat #76

G. I. Combat #78

G. I. Combat #87

G. I. Combat #88

G. I. Combat #91

Our Army At War #57

Our Fighting Forces #20

Our Fighting Forces #71

Star Spangled War Stories #81

th_aamow094.jpg th_gic076.jpg th_gic078.jpg th_gic087.jpg th_gic088.jpg