• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Austin tx. LCS.

21 posts in this topic

I am in Austin for a day. The following comic shops are near my hotel.

Anybody know much about them. I only buy silver and bronze xmen mainly.

1. Rogues Gallery.

2. Austin books and games.

3. Bee cave.

4. Dragons Lair.

5. Capstone Comics.

1. Rogues Gallery.

3. Bee cave.

4. Dragons Lair.

5. Capstone Comics.

Austin Books! I belive the owners name is Brad, and they have a very impressive inventory of silver and bronze age books!

PM Bubbagump,I believe he lives there.

Bubbagump is in San Antonio.

The times I've been in Austin I've gone to Half Price they have tons of comics. Also you might want to check on craigslist. For some reason Austin has more comic books for sale on there than San Antonio and San Antonio is about 4 times larger.

1. Rogues Gallery.

3. Bee cave.

4. Dragons Lair.

5. Capstone Comics.

Don't waste your time on anything but Austin Books. Brad is the owner.

Since they re-modeled the back issues are rather lacking in my opinion. Ask to see the books in the short boxes behind the side counter near their wall books.

As for TPB's and hardcovers....their selection is one of the best I have EVER seen. You can find almost anything in there. I don't go there very often as I don't buy moderns...and they never have any pre-code books. However, if there is a hardcover or hard to find artist book....they will have it.

By the way....Bee Cave is a an area of Austin....not sure what comic store is there. Dragon's Lair is full of game playing geeks....STAY AWAY.

Scott

Also, Rogues Gallery does not carry back issues......only new books and trades and some cool hardcovers.....they are also into gaming in a big way. However, the guys who work there are usually pleasant...so if I don't want to drive all the way into town for the newest Walking Dead trade at Austin Books...I will buy it there. It is on my way home from the office. :)

What brings you to town?

Also, Rogues Gallery does not carry back issues......only new books and trades and some cool hardcovers.....they are also into gaming in a big way. However, the guys who work there are usually pleasant...so if I don't want to drive all the way into town for the newest Walking Dead trade at Austin Books...I will buy it there. It is on my way home from the office. :)

What brings you to town?

Thanks for the great info everybody.

I am in town to pick up my son from UT Baseball camp tomorrow.

He does not get out until noon, so I have a few hours to kill.

What brings you to town?

If you have a few hours just drive to Houston. I know where some back issues are :whistle:

What brings you to town?

If you have a few hours just drive to Houston. I know where some back issues are :whistle:

I take it you work there?

:blush:

I have some funnybook stores in Houston. I'm partial, but I like 'em.

Live in Austin as well..

Austin books, best back issue selection without a doubt... actually biggest selection of trades, hcs, tshirts, models, toys, etc. Capstone comics comes in 2nd place.

Only thing I have to knock Austin books on is their over pricing on various HG Moderns, and variants.

On a side note though, I've found that Capstone Comics is the only shop in town that will submit books for you to CGC.

Just found out they do not open till 11:00 A.M. So I will not have much time.

And yes Bedrock is awesome. Since I live close to Houston I have been there many times.