• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the deal with comiclink?

11 posts in this topic

Have any of you noticed that some of there books that have the Sale Pending sign up for several months? how long does it take to sale there books? Are they just really slow or do they have a down-payment system in place? Case in point almost ALL of these MM books sold months ago! ( especialy the registry set I bid on ) http://www.comiclink.com/search.asp?where=sell&title=miracleman&ItemType=CB&x=7&y=7

it's part of their charm.

and yes, before someone else says it, this has been discussed many, many times before. see above

As long as you are at it, feel free to purchase this book with any order. I've checked out with it a couple of dozen times so far. (I'd be thrilled if it ever actually arrived)

RADB9C2E20041214_17163.jpg

You'd think they would make some type of effort to clear books they know they aren't selling, but it just doesn't seem important.

The most frustrating part is even though they knowingly list books that are not available, if you put in an order for multiple books to conserve on shipping and only one is available, they will pull out their rule books to force buyer to follow through.

As long as you are at it, feel free to purchase this book with any order. I've checked out with it a couple of dozen times so far. (I'd be thrilled if it ever actually arrived)

You'd think they would make some type of effort to clear books they know they aren't selling, but it just doesn't seem important.

The most frustrating part is even though they knowingly list books that are not available, if you put in an order for multiple books to conserve on shipping and only one is available, they will pull out their rule books to force buyer to follow through.

In cases like this, wouldn't the seller of the books be responsible for these things and not Comiclink?

I've seen it on other consignment sites as well where books sit but are either not for sale any more or have sold elsewhere. It really could happen to any consignment site where the site does not actually have the books in hand and are simply relying on info from someone's uploaded info.

The onus is on the seller to negate the consignment as consignment sites are simply a gateway that does what the seller tells it to do.

Having said that, I know most consignment sites are pretty quick to either reply or fix a consigment problem with a quick phone call...ie. if you notify the site that the book is a problem. It would be in the site's best interest to contact the seller and figure out what's what. That's been my experience...from Pedigree to Comiclink to Highgrade Comics. A quick phone call usually gets questions answered.

As far as getting stuck with one book, if you're making multiple purchases often it might make sense to have them hold your order until you find something else.

Just like it isn't fair to you to commit to many books and recieve one, it's also not fair to the seller for a buyer to back out because of someone else's screw up.

Anyhow that's just my 2c

i had this happen at metropolis too. I bought a book and then i was told it was gone, most likely at a show....

Metro has a lot of their own inventory as well as consignments.

I remember seeing a book I wanted really bad on Comiclink, I was trying to raise the money to bid on it and then the book got pulled off the site. I was pretty sad at the time. I found out a few weeks later that one dealer sold it to another dealer at San Diego and then a board member bought the book.

Stuff happens.

Now I know where the book is.

:devil: