• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal Freezing Account - Now At Combustible Level

69 posts in this topic

As far as I'm aware it's just a verified personal account...

Did you happen to add or change your bank account recently? sometimes that triggers paypal to make you go thru the hoops again.

Our card was changed form Mastercard to Visa now you mention it. I've had an email from them which states they want to know my 'business', not my business. I don't have to enter VAT numbers and can click the 'personal' tab if I like.

Apparently it's just for their records, but I'm damn sure I don't like Paypal snooping around in what I'm doing when it's blatantly obvious if they bother to look. I'm getting very, very pissed at Paypal but the trouble is they have me by the balls.

Do what I did when my account got frozen:

Call customer service and use the word, "," a lot. (thumbs u

I've restocked the fridge with beer so if I'll probably be able to ignore the International charges later and will indeed give them a round of s.

Or just kick em in the nutz.

As far as I'm aware it's just a verified personal account...

Did you happen to add or change your bank account recently? sometimes that triggers paypal to make you go thru the hoops again.

Our card was changed form Mastercard to Visa now you mention it. I've had an email from them which states they want to know my 'business', not my business. I don't have to enter VAT numbers and can click the 'personal' tab if I like.

Apparently it's just for their records, but I'm damn sure I don't like Paypal snooping around in what I'm doing when it's blatantly obvious if they bother to look. I'm getting very, very pissed at Paypal but the trouble is they have me by the balls.

Do what I did when my account got frozen:

Call customer service and use the word, "," a lot. (thumbs u

I've restocked the fridge with beer so if I'll probably be able to ignore the International charges later and will indeed give them a round of s.

Or just kick em in the nutz.

(worship)

lol

Why the have they picked on me? Apparently I have a Premier account as well. they must have done that for me as I never wanted one or even attempted to get one.

Yeah i just get the following message:

Danger: AVG Search-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection.

The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety.Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.

IP Address: 66.226.79.14

For additional information click here.

Suggestions:

Click the “Back” button on your browser to return to the previous page and choose another link (recommended).

If you would like to ignore the warning and continue to the page, click here (not recommended) Note: AVG will continue to block dangerous content associated with this page.

Dunno what "AVG" is...I've got Norton, and it's just fine. That's not saying much, but it's something.

It's a legitimate site, but, as ever, proceed with whatever caution one deems necessary.

(and it's entirely possible your "AVG" is overreacting.)

Dunno what "AVG" is...I've got Norton, and it's just fine. That's not saying much, but it's something.

It's a legitimate site, but, as ever, proceed with whatever caution one deems necessary.

If it is then it's doing the same with my computer.

No need to look on a website to know that paypal sucks but, to paraphrase Gav, what can you do when there is no real alternative.

AVG is the most popular free anti-virus software available.

lol

Why the have they picked on me? Apparently I have a Premier account as well. they must have done that for me as I never wanted one or even attempted to get one.

You need Premier to take CCs.

Which you need to have to sell on eBay.

I've never heard of a individual being forced to get a business account.

I've only heard of people with "free" personal accounts being forced to upgrade to Premier when they exceed a monthly limit (which use to be $500 or so way, way back).

Clearly owned by eBay/Paypal. meh

So I think to myself 'Oh sod it, I'll go through the steps to sort this out', and click on th link again. So I say I'm selling cmoics. On eBay. They then want my business name ( :screwy: ), my business address ( :screwy: ), and my phone number and postcode - all for Customer Services so people who buy from me can see all my details!

This is not going toget resolved as I don't want random nutters on eBay having my home address and phone number.

So I think to myself 'Oh sod it, I'll go through the steps to sort this out', and click on th link again. So I say I'm selling cmoics. On eBay. They then want my business name ( :screwy: ), my business address ( :screwy: ), and my phone number and postcode - all for Customer Services so people who buy from me can see all my details!

This is not going toget resolved as I don't want random nutters on eBay having my home address and phone number.

But I already have your address....

;)

;)

You're not random - you're unique :insane:

;)

You're not random - you're unique :insane:

How do you catch a unique rabbit...?

I'm not posting while feeding the baby again. I just read my last post and typing one-handed and only paying a small amount of attention makes me look completely illiterate.