• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal Freezing Account - Now At Combustible Level

69 posts in this topic

I've just received a payment for a lot I sold on eBay, and I received an email saying they had frozen my account as I had received over £1,200 in one year and due to European Money Laundering laws I had to provide further information to lift the suspension on the account.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? I find it even stranger as I've had nowhere near that amount of money into my Paypal account in that time frame. Yet another pain in the arse from friendly neighbourhood Paypal :mad:

I've just received a payment for a lot I sold on eBay, and I received an email saying they had frozen my account as I had received over £1,200 in one year and due to European Money Laundering laws I had to provide further information to lift the suspension on the account.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? I find it even stranger as I've had nowhere near that amount of money into my Paypal account in that time frame. Yet another pain in the arse from friendly neighbourhood Paypal :mad:

I got a message similar to that a few years ago when my account went over £1000.

Log into you account the normal way Gav and if it is kosher you will see the same information there.

What happened with me is that they provided me with a code online and then somebody from paypal arranged a time to phone me so I could provide the code to them as clarification.

Good to see you have plenty of money though - now go and spend it in the charity auctions lol

The same message is in my paypal account. This is weird, I haven't had that much money through the account this year. They have to phone me to remove the limits.

I'll update later when get it sorted...

The same message is in my paypal account. This is weird, I haven't had that much money through the account this year. They have to phone me to remove the limits.

Yeah, that's what happened to me.

You must have sold more than you thought.

Gav, have you noticed a few Batman books missing, but loads of new curtains and silverware?

Utter bollocks, Gav.

The limit related to money laundering was £4,000 and is now, I believe, £5,000. It's only at that point that a bank is legally bound to investigate. (thumbs u

And I'd add that it only applies to a single transaction, not accumulated funds.

Utter bollocks, Gav.

The limit related to money laundering was £4,000 and is now, I believe, £5,000. It's only at that point that a bank is legally bound to investigate. (thumbs u

And I'd add that it only applies to a single transaction, not accumulated funds.

That's what I thought. Looking back I probably have reached that amount over the year, but it says if I reach £1,700 without addressing the situation they will close my account. I'll get them to call me when the kids have gone to bed, this is me off now.

That's what I thought. Looking back I probably have reached that amount over the year, but it says if I reach £1,700 without addressing the situation they will close my account. I'll get them to call me when the kids have gone to bed, this is me off now.

Is this just Europe they do this with, or other continents/regions as well?

Gav, have you noticed a few Batman books missing, but loads of new curtains and silverware?

Nope, but thankfully the wife hasn't noticed we have no furniture left and the place would burn down in 20 seconds if it caught fire...

Yeah, it's all kosher. Another hour or so and the kids will be asleep so I'll sort it then. Mind you, I'll probably be steaming drunk by then as well...

Utter bollocks, Gav.

That's paypal for you.

Jesus ing H, I've entered my home phone number and they called me. I entered the 4-digit code that came on the screen and the call ended so I presume this has solved the issue.

So I go back into Paypal and get the same message. I follow the link and it tells me I have to link my card, now believe it or not I've already ing done this. I go to link my card (again) and it tells me that it will charge the card £1, and when that's happened I have to check my bank account to find yet another 4-digit number. Once I've entered that into Paypal I must enter business information to confirm my business account.

What ing business account???

This has got me past pissed off to downright steaming mad. I'm going to have to email Payscum to find out what the is going on :mad: :mad: :mad: