• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So my dad calls me about some comics at a garage sale......

93 posts in this topic

So Im sitting here at work and my dad calls me about some "comics this guy has for sale".

The guy is asking $20 for a set of Marvel Universe Deluxe books. :screwy:

Anyway dad rattles off some titles and he wants $1.00 a book...they are bagged and boarded. Sight unseen I balk and tell him to offer the guy $20.00 for all the books. No dice..they walk away.

So it begins to gnaw at me and I call Dad back to see if hes left the garage sale. They have but they offer to go back. I find out he never actually made my offer of the $20.00 so I scold him and tell him to get beck there. He arrives and begins to give me some issue title and numbers.

Green lantern #203. k

Batman Issue #400 getting better

Wolverine 1 2 3 and 4 limited series. Much Better!!!

So based on the above I offered the guy $50 sight unseen for everything and he accepts. Now im curious what else is in that box. I should know tonight.

The best part is going through the stuff to see what's there. :wishluck: it's all goodies.

cute avatar. and then I got to thinking... that's ironic given your username! :insane:

Complete Power Pack run and 15 copies of Team America 1 :banana:

And maybe a huge pile of Dazzler #1? :wishluck:

:grin:

Hey, watch it...I've got a couple hundred copies. Something wrong with that? :blush:

Complete Power Pack run and 15 copies of Team America 1 :banana:

And maybe a huge pile of Dazzler #1? :wishluck:

:grin:

Hey, watch it...I've got a couple hundred copies. Something wrong with that? :blush:

I'll trade you straight up for my Devil Dinosaur dupes.

Devil Dinosaur not your thing? How 'bout Micronauts?

So Im sitting here at work and my dad calls me about some "comics this guy has for sale".

The guy is asking $20 for a set of Marvel Universe Deluxe books. :screwy:

Anyway dad rattles off some titles and he wants $1.00 a book...they are bagged and boarded. Sight unseen I balk and tell him to offer the guy $20.00 for all the books. No dice..they walk away.

So it begins to gnaw at me and I call Dad back to see if hes left the garage sale. They have but they offer to go back. I find out he never actually made my offer of the $20.00 so I scold him and tell him to get beck there. He arrives and begins to give me some issue title and numbers.

Green lantern #203. k

Batman Issue #400 getting better

Wolverine 1 2 3 and 4 limited series. Much Better!!!

So based on the above I offered the guy $50 sight unseen for everything and he accepts. Now im curious what else is in that box. I should know tonight.

The best part is going through the stuff to see what's there. :wishluck: it's all goodies.

cute avatar. and then I got to thinking... that's ironic given your username! :insane:

I am due for a change.

Eventually. Later today. :P The whole, driving-back-to-his-house-with-teh-interwebs-available, I think it should come out today. He'll be surprised with the evolution of this thread xD

Eventually. Later today. :P The whole, driving-back-to-his-house-with-teh-interwebs-available, I think it should come out today. He'll be surprised with the evolution of this thread xD

Uh , skimmed through the whole thread. Any reveal on the books yet ? (shrug)

Looks like just you knuckle-heads going back and forth. lol

No comic reveal yet, but we did get a nice Han/Sailor Moon reveal (thumbs u

No comic reveal yet, but we did get a nice Han/Sailor Moon reveal (thumbs u

SOMETHING interesting has to happen in this thread before we get word back about the comics!! (shrug)

:preach: If I wait any longer, I won't remember how to access the forum. With this whole wait thing, he better have one hell of a story to tell.